Jinnah Vs Gandhi

ChemSiddiqui

Jinnah and Gandhi are very well known across the world as the leaders who freed indians from the reiging British. Gandhi had a part to play so did Jinnah and a lot of other leaders. Jinnah got Indian freed from Britishers (along with Gandhi and others) but he also managed to separate the Muslims who felt inferior living with Hindus (history says I don't however I understand Hindu historian would say the opposite). I want you to decide on this debate whose topic I say shall be : "Why Gandhi is more famous than Jinnah".

Please take this debate lighlty, no hard feeling or offence involved.

That is a good question. I think it's probably because A) Gandhi maintained a much higher international profile while he was alive and B) He did more than free India, he promoted a fairly original and laudable style of political activism. I wouldn't say Jinnah is any less widely known than say, Nehru. They just weren't as original thinkers or as broadly influential.

Or maybe beause the Indian recognised Lord Moutbatten as their Governal-General(president those times) because he was Gandhi's friend but Pakistan refused to do so. So in return britishers supported India by allowing them to keep Kolkata and other fertile lands and to give Gandhi more publicity as a true 'leader'. But some historians like Stanely Wolpert and some others too realise that Jinnah as been unfairly forgotten and not publicised.