Live forever@!

fafalone

Did you not wonder where it gets its power from?

Given the choice between putting wires on the outside of the metal pole where any idiot could tamper with them, or feeding them out of a hole in the button housing and directly into the metal pole itself, which would you pick?

Actually there was a Slashdot article on this recently; most of them don't work because they were disconnected years ago. They're left in place for the placebo effect that people are doing something about their problem.

Cap'n Refsmmat said in post # :

Let's hope he didn't mean something else and you didn't read his post right, or you'd look stupid instead of him.

I don't see how any of that applies. If you have something to say, say it. If not then stop pretending you have some meaning to convey that nobody else "gets".

Cap'n Refsmmat said in post # :

They don't go on weight, they go on a metal detector.

O/T!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you nuts!?

they do indeed work on weight! even the temporary ones set up for road works use 2 reinforced rubber tubes, atatched to a barometric sensor then on to a computer.

they do NOT use metal detectors :)

it would be cost prohibitive for a start not to mention impractical and subject to all sorts of errors.

Microwave detectors are sometimes used instead though, as well as doplar MW in speed cams.

Sayonara³ said in post # :

If Cap'n Refsmmat (or YT2095) wants to believe there's no variation in technology across the planet, I say we let him.

That's better. :P

It's just two metal coils under the road and a computer device thing. Easy enough, imagine making a scale out of the road (they might do it anyway, I don't know.)