A Fascinating Video about the current ATHEIST MOVEMENT

blue_cristal

coz I didn`t Provide one in the 1`st place perhaps? :rolleyes:

YT2095, are you sure that you did not drink something today ?

My comment about the link was an answer to swansont’s post, NOT to you. :doh:

My comment to you was just a criticism on your Einstein’s quote ( signature ).

My comment about the link was an answer to swansont’s post, NOT to you. :doh:

then why Mention me here:

Why didn’t you provide the link straight from YT ?

when I Clearly NOWHERE provided a link for Swansont to "provide straight from".

Yep, Pat’s videos are my preferred ones in the YouTube.

He usually makes good points with an articulate and crystalline clarity.

Why didn’t you provide the link straight from YT ?

Here it is:

In the context of your post it looks to me like you imply that YT posted this link somewhere. It doesn't look like a comment about YT's sig at all....

In the context of your post it looks to me like you imply that YT posted this link somewhere. It doesn't look like a comment about YT's sig at all....

How that can be if I am even quoting swansont in my reply ( post #44 )?

Is there some epidemy of visual blindness in here ? >:D

yes, it almost got Interesting for a while :)

…until some people started losing track on what and who they should reply to and delaying a lot to find out that "YT" means YouTube.

But I concede, "YT" could also being interpreted as YT2095.

By the way, YT2095, you did not reply to my criticism to your signature ( the Einstein's quote ).

Why ?

I don`t answer unsolicited Exams, and it wasn`t exactly presented as a question either (rather a statement) so why should I? :)

for your edification:

"Science without religion is lame.” Einstein.

Science do fine without religion. Actually, religion was (and still is ) an obstacle to science most of the time.

You see, intelligent people also can say incredible bullshit.

Our brain has a lot of specialized and compartmentalized neural circuitries. We can be a genius in a mental faculty and an idiot in another one.

“Religion without science is blind." Einstein.

Religion is based on blind faith ( dogma ) therefore it is blind WITH or WITHOUT science.

In the past, the church supported science for while because they thought that science could prove the existence of god ( hahaha...)

Instead, scientific findings started demolishing religious dogmas. Then the Church immediately started persecuted scientists and undermine science.

So, as you can see, this is yet another Einstein’s bullshit.

can YOU see a question mark in there?

I don`t answer unsolicited Exams, and it wasn`t exactly presented as a question either (rather a statement) so why should I? :)

for your edification:

can YOU see a question mark in there?

LOL....

Since when criticism is a question ( sometimes, it can contain some challenging questions but this is not its main attribute )?

Criticism is just an rational objection or rational judgemental analysis of a set of ideas.

People who suspend rational thought are dangerous, (almost completely) regardless of what they believe.

So what are you advocating? Concentration camps perhaps? Or maybe just 're-education centres'?

Well with the attention spans nowadays, it may be a good idea to teach techniques to increase one's concentration. They are mostly just taught to people with ADD, but an increased ability to concentrate would be useful to a lot of people.

As for re-education centers, I don't see how they would be at all useful; after all if someone is already educated, there wouldn't be any need to educate them again. I suppose it could increase the rate of acceptance of new ideas (as compared to the old fashioned way of "Old ideas don't die but the people who believe them do").

I hope that was as random and amusing to you as your reply was to me...

Keep in mind that this backs up many psychologists conclusions that religion is in-built in the human brain!

I disagree 100%.

I dont think Religion is "built in" - however, I do think that it is inevitable at the early stages of evolution because humans cannot comprehend everything, and thus supernatural powers/beings and magic comes into play.

For example, if lightning strikes someone, people way back when werent going to say "well this is just a natrual phenomenon and he was unlucky to get hit"

no, they would say "he was a bad person and deserved it" or "God (or other being) was angry with him"

by no means is religion "built in" to the human brain. Its a learned phenomenon.