Hard drives and LCD Screens

Illuminati

Ok, so I bought a small Western Digital passport hard drive (.5" 120gb model) the other day with the notion that I'd put things like my Steam files on there as well as a few other games and movies, something like a portable entertainment drive for my laptop so I don't have to lug around my other two external drives, both need external power and are about 3.5" thick.

The thing I wanted to do with this new drive when I'm set up in my dorm room was mount it on the back of my laptops screen, the top of the notebook once the lid is closed to keep it out of the way (my desk is cluttered as it is). But I'm curious if the magnets in the drive will screw up my screen over time.

I've already pressed the drive to my screen to see if any immediate warping occurs and nothing seems wrong , but I'm more worried about the long term.

anyone have any insight into this?

Nope, I'm not really worried about stress on the joints of the laptop lid. I plan on having it attached at the lowest point on the screen so the force on it would be very small and the weight of the hdd is only a few ounces.

I'm just curious if the magnets in the hdd will do anything to my screen over time.