<Zybl0re> get up

<Zybl0re> get on up

<Zybl0re> get up

<Zybl0re> get on up

<phxl|paper> and DANCE

* nmp3bot dances :D-<

* nmp3bot dances :D|-<

* nmp3bot dances :D/-<

<[sA]HatfulOfHollow> i'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet

I want an invention making machine.

I too would like an approximately human-level AI. That could be the single most significant invention ever, though for good or ill I cannot tell. It could put our very existence into question.

Also:

Flying cars (not that I care much, but they have been promised :doh: )

Self-replicating robots

Fusion power

Nuclear powered rockets (eg nuclear lightbulb, orion, daedalus, anything better than the chemical rockets)

A proper protein simulator

countless nanotechnology, genetic engineering, and bionics items

a cheap, efficient solar panel

a process for converting cellulose and lignin into liquid fuels

quantum computers

chemical computers

the list could go on and on. Perhaps we could narrow it down somewhat to probable, specific inventions?

Some sort of spacecraft capable of interstellar travel at near light speed. Would be so awesome to see for example the first close-up pictures of Centauri A, B & C and maybe possible planets. That would be amazing.

Or an effective way to mimic photosynthesis for large-scale energyproduction.

a cheap, efficient solar panel

I saw a programme on the History Channel yesterday featuring a cheap efficient solar panel no thicker than a piece of plastic wrap. They said they are working on making it even to where you can spray it on. I don't remember who makes the thin rolls of solar panels, but I do think it's still in the testing stages.

i want a minature robot to be invented that can hunt for lost socks. i only have 3 matching pairs left.

I was trying to build one of those in my shop for weeks before I realized I could just buy many pairs of identical socks, so they don't have to match. It doesn't matter if you lose them, either, because eventually your home will reach the equilibrium of full sock saturation, at which point the rate of socks turning up unexpectedly equals the rate of socks mysteriously disappearing.

I would like:

A theory of everything

A cheap limitless source of energy which could be generated from the universe itself (ie. no need to refuel with anything) and provide limitless power on nanoscale sizes.

A cure for cancer

Wormholes which allow you to make gates providing instantaneous passage between two points

The fountain of youth - a pill you take that repairs your body back to how you would be in your late twenties or so.

An AI that can pass the Turing test (to provide us with artificial sentient life that we can persecute at our leisure)