ideas for a robot

m@

Hey, I'm in this robotics class and i've built a robic arm that I am to program in c++ so that it can sort different colored marbles. Were supposed to create some sort of loading device to that will allow the arm to pick the marbles up one by one. And at the same time, using phototransistors + leds to determine its color. Though I know how to use sensors to determine its color. One white led on one side, 3 phototransistors on the other (ryb, and all the marbles will be clear). I wanted to know what sort of ideas you guys had for the loading device or "hopper". Currently I had to come up with a new idea because my old design using a tube would not allow me to change the size of the marble. I'm thinking a ramp with some sort of V shape down the middle of it. With a size good enough so that small marbles can roll down it while large ones can also. I drew up a picture in sketchup but its my first time so its not all filled in, see if you can make out what it really is. Anybody got any other ideas for this?

robotics.gif

• 1 month later...