forces

rigadin

Forces are, after all's said and done, only a description of what actually happens. You can do all of Physics without the concept of force; it's just easier to use that idea at first. My advice - just accept them and use them.

By forces do you mean something like a ball being pushed, or the 4 fundemental forces?

And tvp45 for ALOT (if not nearly all) mechanics problems not using forces normally works out easier (reduces the complexity of the differential equations that need to be solved)...

I would want if you guys can tell me whyand how do forces occur??

Forces are useful concepts in statics problems and were historically important in Newtonian mechanics, but using force in relativistic or quantum mechnics is confusing, and generally avoided. The concept of force is ambiguous in relativity and QM, often being used incorrectly if tried.

Forces are, after all's said and done, only a description of what actually happens. You can do all of Physics without the concept of force; it's just easier to use that idea at first. My advice - just accept them and use them.

But my teacher asked me to find out

Nice way of putting it Severian! If he is looking at the "fundamental forces".

I expect that rigadin teacher is after an explanation of forces in the "Newtonian" sense. So, rate of "change of momentum".

Or maybe he is looking for "generalised forces" in the Lagrangian formalism. But then what school teacher knows about that?

I would want if you guys can tell me whyand how do forces occur??

My definition of force is "a change in inertial state"! Because bodies are in inertial state when nothing acts on them, so a change on that state is actually a force!

And yet an easier definition of force (on a book I've read) is "force is a push or a pull"! And they're physicists who wrote that!;)

The cause is the force acting on the body and the effect is the change of inertial state!

What rigadin is trying to ask is what causes the force, rather than what it does, and since every force is a result of another force in some way, you could follow a whole chain of different forces that would eventually lead you back to the first force in the universe: the Big Bang. But then that raises your question even further; how the heck did that force occur?

The way I do it is, but it seems im surrounded by people who prefer to bodge stuff and fix it later. I think they all wanted to be car mechanics but with a bigger paycheck, then started crying when they realised they'd have to do some maths.

Nothing wrong with mechanics but I'm sure if they'd designed my pedestal it'd be too weak or overpriced.