Lifter Technology

I am writing a story set in the future, no need to reveal too much.

Ok I just interested in lifter technology since I want to portray the good guys as more environmentally friendier than the bad guy

Cause as you guys are aware of its potential can this technology be implemented into aircraft like say make the rudder of a helicopter redundant or use this to replace the air tank of an airship, remember the disaster

I think I can find my answers here. cause I am relatively new to it and it has never been seen in science fiction.

well, a Rudder, for all intents and purposes a Passive device in the way that once moved into position (by wires or servo) just does it`s job (provides drag on one side).

Lifter technology would require Constant power to maintain this force and so use more energy.

lifter technology is Not all that Viable or powerful either, and is extremely dangerous in the charges used.

so if you flip it on its head you could have the Bad Guys using this (why should they care if the power used is a waste?).

but if it is going to be put onto aircraft how it is going to work and can it work...?

Like say instead of airships using Helium or Hydrogen, they will use Lifter tech to produce lift.

And it can only go up rite or am I wrong.....

• 1 year later...

EHD thrusters are crude looking devices. They are described as asymmetrical capacitors but do not follow the more intricate structure of an efficent electricity storing capacitor. I suppose that research into making them more efficient must’ve found nothing and perhaps they can't be powered more than one at a time but it all seems a bit unexplored. Same with lifters.