pH definition trouble

lsutiger

I was designing an experiment to do in my intro bio lab on the effects of acid rain on crop yields and realized that I had no idea how to create aqueous solutions of various pH. I can't seem to find out whether pH is the measure of [H+]/[H3O+] (whichever you prefer) ions per mole, milliliter, or other measurement. When I came upon this I felt slightly embarassed that I did not know it, but upon consultation of my textbook and the internet, I found I could not find an answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I was designing an experiment to do in my intro bio lab on the effects of acid rain on crop yields and realized that I had no idea how to create aqueous solutions of various pH. I can't seem to find out whether pH is the measure of [H+]/[H3O+] (whichever you prefer) ions per mole, milliliter, or other measurement. When I came upon this I felt slightly embarassed that I did not know it, but upon consultation of my textbook and the internet, I found I could not find an answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IIRC, your concentration of hydronium should be in moles/liter.