The tell us about your username thread!!!

Reaper

This is the thread where you tell us about how you came up with your username. Just out of curiosity, how did you come up with the username you use for this site? What is it based on, or what influenced you to make it up.

For starters, my username is based, as you can plainly see, on a major defense contractor. I like to keep up with developments in aerospace and military tech, so I chose this username. I also contemplated on using the word "Mig" (As in the Russian class of fighter jets) as my username, but I ruled it out in favor of "Lockheed".

Mine is a relatively short story, that happened a relatively long time ago. When I was younger, I liked the gamecube that nintendo had released, so I wanted to update my name. If you spell it out, it reads "preferred gc". GC being gamecube of course. I couldn't forget it, so I used it for everything.

I'm a snail...no seriously, I'm a snail.

Not really, I'm a hermaphrodite...no seriously, I'm a hermaphrodite.

I'm not sure if all species of snail are hermaphrodites, but anyway, I own some giant African land snails, hence the name. It was also a nick name, from my ex, yes it is quite unusual, but it was meant as a term of endearment...umm, it's kind of hard to explain. :)

Sisyphus is a Greek mythological figure, best known for being eternally punished by being forced to push a boulder up a mountain over and over again. I chose it because it is both self-deprecating, but also kind of triumphant. Plus, Sisyphus got into trouble in the first place for being a ruthlessly cunning trickster and antihero who fooled the gods and literally cheated death. So that's cool.

It's not a moniker I use in other places. I used to belong to a couple other forums, and I contribute on Wikipedia, and I use different names for each.