- Act with skill and care, keep skills up to date

- Prevent corrupt practice and declare conflicts of interest

- Respect and acknowledge the work of other scientists

- Ensure that research is justified and lawful

- Minimise impacts on people, animals and the environment

-Discuss issues science raises for society

-Do not mislead; present evidence honestly

what about

-Eat five servings of fruits and vegetables every day?

-Don't forget to wash behind the ears?

'ensure your research is justified and lawful' !!!!!! what the 'f' does that have to do with being a good scientist? 'Hey, Hans, I know your real name is Jacob and you are breaking the law by not reporting to the Gestapo and I'm breaking the law letting you work on a cure for polio'.

'discuss issues science raises for society';....PLEASE!!!!!

'Yes, litte Johnny. There is no god and you are an ignorant little boy if you believe such crap your parents teach you. I'm raising this issue to show you that your parents are idiots believing in such mythologies and don't ever believe another word they say on the matter".

There seems to be a measure of international support, and if it is so reasonable and enlightened, surely even the U.S. would sign up and ratify, as they did with Kyoto? (not).

America won't be bullied into believing evolution, global warming, geography and cosmology... such as. :D

'discuss issues science raises for society';....PLEASE!!!!!

'Yes, litte Johnny. There is no god and you are an ignorant little boy if you believe such crap your parents teach you. I'm raising this issue to show you that your parents are idiots believing in such mythologies and don't ever believe another word they say on the matter".

It's quite obvious the US government had nothing to do with this, else it would be "make sure your scientific results conform to policy and/or ideology"

It's quite obvious the US government had nothing to do with this, else it would be "make sure your scientific results conform to policy and/or ideology"

It's the classic struggle where a capitalist/democratic system is better than communism. :D Errm....Oh... wait... never mind. :doh:

"Science is the best way to satisfy your own curiosity for the governmental account."

~Soviet physicist Lev Artsimovich (1909-1973)

I'm quite rejuvenated by the healthy skepticism on this topic. It's a positive that individuality and creativity and INDEPENDENCE are alive and well in the scientific community. The last thing scientists need is the nanny state with nanny principles sticking it's nanny nose in the labs and experiments of the world.

"Im a geologist and see no contradiction believing in Jesus and Creationism"

Respect that? My respect is 'F' off and go drown yourself. Science is not about respect, political correctness, community service or other seemingly 'noble' values. It's about scientific methodology....period.

I'm quite rejuvenated by the healthy skepticism on this topic. It's a positive that individuality and creativity and INDEPENDENCE are alive and well in the scientific community. The last thing scientists need is the nanny state with nanny principles sticking it's nanny nose in the labs and experiments of the world.

Agreed' date=' I am encouraged by that as well.

Too many universities in the US are heading toward granting degrees for just trying. Some may already be there.

I thought that was "... for just paying."

• 2 weeks later...