Pharmaceutical chemistry

StasN

Hello everybody,

I am a student of Chemistry Faculty of Ireland Pharmaceutical University and

I am seeking information of based chemical components used in pharmaceutical industry. For now I found the following resource pharmacy only. But it seems to have a bit information to me.

Please let me know official web resources which describe pharmaceutical chemistry.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...
Also, are imaginary drugs placebos?

Absolutely not! They are not the same thing at all.

Placebos often illicit real responces in real people, while imaginary drugs only illicit imaginary responces in imaginary people.

I know this because my imaginary friend, who just so happens to be an imaginary medical doctor, told me.

• 2 weeks later...
I realise that placebos are real (in a sense) I just wondered about the other way round. Could an entirely imaginary drug work; my guess it that it would, by the placebo effect.

While the placebo effect is a valid and empirically verified phenomenon, it does not apply in all contexts. Depression or pain, sure. However, more significant health issues, no. Case in point, AIDS. Imaginary drugs in cases like these have no impact on the overall course of the disease, and there are serious ethical implications to not treating someone with actual medicines... or worse, treating them with imaginary ones.