A little project research

bluesmudge

For those of you who may remember me I've been off the radar a little since I moved out of my Uni Home and down country and waited patiently for BT to install a substandard internet connection. - Now they have I'm working on a project and i could do with a few questions answered about your Mobile devices. - Preferably Smartphones i.e. Windows/ Symbian / Palm powered but anyone with a phone should be able to answer these.

Its going towards a project concerning productivity using mobile devices and how it is affected by data input methods / interface. Here I’m just trying to identify if there is a case.

If you want you could post replies in this thread, email to survey[at]tom-archer.co.uk or request an excel answer sheet.

Your answers maybe as free format as you like; if you’re not sure what to put, just put what you think - any help on this would be great

Mobile Devce Type;

i.e Blackberry, Windows , palm, regular phone - please include make / model

Usage;

i.e Main Device; Secondary Device ;

Usage Type;

i.e. Phone, Organiser, both, games, etc.

Most useful Apps

Operation Type

Conventional Button

Touch sensitive button (ipod style)

Touch Screen

Data Input Method

Stylus

Keypad

Keyboard

External add-on

When you brought your phone were the organisational / office features important? i.e. did you think I could use that for work / college?

If yes - how did it turn out in reality?

I.e. does it sit on your desk looking all shiny and wonderful but really its easier to use a pencil to take that note

Do you often make mistakes when entering Data?

I.e. Writing a message / note

If yes - why do these mistakes occour

If yes / sometimes - are these mistakes easily corrected?

i.e is there a simple correction method, or is it just more hassle?

If no - no ones is perfect, but you seem to be . . . where do you think us lesser beings are going wrong? - Nothing rude here please!

Have you ever been confident with your device’s operation only to be shown by someone else you’re in fact doing it all the long way round?

Free for all space! - What bugs you about the general operation of your device?

Thank you for your time.