Miss Teen South Carolina

blike

She came in third :eek:

The first time I saw the video I thought it was a comedy skit and caricature of the dumb blonde or a spoof on southern education. Her pose at the end of the answer is precious.

As others have said, she doesn't appear the least bit nervous but STUPID. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

for those who don't know of glasgow, that is saying something.
Is that on a US America map? If not, I believe that our education like such as South Africa and the Iraq, everywhere like such as, should have maps US America maps to build up our future for our children.

Is that on a US America map? If not, I believe that our education like such as South Africa and the Iraq, everywhere like such as, should have maps US America maps to build up our future for our children.

Actually it is. Glasgow, Montana is just south of us in the USA.

If you want to get there from South Carolina just travel SE to South Africa, then north to Iraq, across Asia and then south across the Canadian border into Montana. ;)

While making a comment like this might serve to "ferret out" the outliers and dissenters, I am confident that a significant number of posters here would not pass up the opportunity to fornicate with Miss Teen SC were the opportunity to present itself... despite the outrage and elitism expressed about her response to the question.

I am more grown up now, but I used to be a big believer in the fact that the dumb hot ones tend to be a lot more fun. :rolleyes:

She would not be a real blond without a few blond moments. Remember this was a beauty contest and not college jeopardy. That means bathing suit, evening gowns, and poise while being stared at by dirty old men.

One thing I did noticed, she answered in the style of many politians when trying to avoid a tough question. There go into this big circle of rhetoric, until they are confident you forgot what the original question was.

Being blonde doesn't make you stupid.

Being in a beauty pageant? If you have average or above average intelligence, then you're something of a statistical anomaly.

That said she demonstrated unmitigated stupidity. I liked this edit of the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1Szcx0VkRo

An interesting take on it is what your reaction to the question would be. I would question the credibility of the source claiming that 1/5 of Americans don't know what America looks like. Unfortunately, I'm sad to say that I wouldn't be surprised if the statistic came from a credible source.

If it really is the case, it's indicative that a large group of Americans don't even understand the rest of the world is real, even enough to comprehend the shape of their own coastline...

While making a comment like this might serve to "ferret out" the outliers and dissenters, I am confident that a significant number of posters here would not pass up the opportunity to fornicate with Miss Teen SC were the opportunity to present itself... despite the outrage and elitism expressed about her response to the question.

I am more grown up now, but I used to be a big believer in the fact that the dumb hot ones tend to be a lot more fun. :rolleyes:

You might be right if she were actually hot, but she's really not at all, just "wholesome and Southern looking," which is to say WASPy, well-painted, glassy eyed, and platinum blonde, but not as thin as Hollywood bimbos. Also, I don't really think it's "elitism" to laugh at something that stupid.

Take that, girl I've never heard of!

Take that, girl I've never heard of!

Lol. Indeed. I guess I was beginning to feel a bit sorry for her, and wanted to soften the tone of the comments. It takes hours of preparation and guidance to offer such a well practice response out of context, so part of the blame should be on her coaches and care-takers. ;)

I am more grown up now, but I used to be a big believer in the fact that the dumb hot ones tend to be a lot more fun.

I don't know, from my limited experience it's the deeper, more intellectual types that are the most deviant...and therefore the most fun.;)

You might be right if she were actually hot, but she's really not at all, just "wholesome and Southern looking," which is to say WASPy, well-painted, glassy eyed, and platinum blonde, but not as thin as Hollywood bimbos.

She ain't perty, she jus' looks thataway? Maybe, but she's plenty hot enough for me. I have a tendency to judge female beauty in reverance of my lack of such beauty...so she's smokin' to me.

I've never understood how they choose "Miss etc" people anyway. She's attractive but there are girls in my high school that look as good as or better than her. Of course none of them would go out with me either, but that's not the issue.

I've never understood how they choose "Miss etc" people anyway.

The judges probably have a 'Miss...' tick list, filled with all manner of immeasurable attributes, such as poise, hair radiance, gate, charisma et.c I very much doubt there is a scientific approach to the judging...though I guess you could measure the luminosity of Miss South Carolina's teeth.

You can see what's she's trying to do...her head was probably filled with audience pleasing buzzwords e.g poverty, war, apartheid. You can tell she's attempting to pop them in, and making a complete hash of it. She probably made a mental note to mention Iraq and South Africa, unfortunately she forgot that little word, 'relevance.'

You can see what's she's trying to do...her head was probably filled with audience pleasing buzzwords e.g poverty, war, apartheid. You can tell she's attempting to pop them in, and making a complete hash of it. She probably made a mental note to mention Iraq and South Africa, unfortunately she forgot that little word, 'relevance.'

Funny thing is, I'm not sure many would have really noticed if she had just been fluid and had her game face on.

I love the Iraq. I don't think I'll ever be able to say Iraq ever again...it's the Iraq from now on.

I'm sure she was coached on a variety of possible questions and appropriate responses, but unfortunately they all became jumbled in her head, so when it came time to respond to a particular question the response was a nonsensical mismash of of the possible answers.