Norton 360 good?

labcoat

I have three firewalls going at least I think, two I know of for sure, two different security programs, and well other gadgets and I still get a spyware or two here and there. I don’t think you can get a computer security program really and feel safe, they are to exposed to the hackers on a regular basis and or cannot cover everything. Not saying it does not hurt to have one, but really the best bet is to save anything important in like an external drive, and back your computer up.

As for the program in question, I never really noticed norton doing much anything when I had it.

Never buy Norton antivirus products. They are appallingly bad for sooo many reasons. Get AVG instead - the free version is fine for most circumstances. Zone Alarm is a very good free firewall too. With both running you'll be fine.

I'm running N360 on my machine, can't complain so far. I'd rather pay for my security software than use free stuff. Maybe it's paranoid, but I just don't feel as secure with open source stuff, I don't know who's behind it.

I'm running N360 on my machine, can't complain so far. I'd rather pay for my security software than use free stuff. Maybe it's paranoid, but I just don't feel as secure with open source stuff, I don't know who's behind it.

You can pay for AVG and Zone Alarm if you want, but in both cases there is a free version for home users.

They are much better than any Symantic/Norton product. Trust me on this one!

Comodo is another excellent free firewall application.