variable speed of light

ali.one

You have not addressed the fact that the invariance of c appears from the maxwell equations, and that maxwell realised this in the mid 1800's therefore your ideas can be dismissed even before getting to the religious parts.

Also I'm pretty sure that the ancient Egyptians many thousands of years ago thought that there where circular orbits.

i am not here to oppose maxwell or others..

let me tell u that opposing relegion especially ISLAM is not a new thing, minds are being moulded to think that way.. And i am not here to collect audince to appriciate the power of words of the One God! And i dont think this is the right place for that..

anyway understand that whether it is Egyptians, 1000's of years ago or if it is the religion preached Moses(peace be upon him) or by Jesus(peace be upon him), all are from one God and its is the people who changed the words of the God...

Understand that Quran, sent to the last and final messenger Muhammed(saas) wil remain unchanged till the end of times and it will be the light for those who wish to know the truth..

Regarding the article: i really appreciate the person who discovered that fact from Quran..

i am not here to oppose maxwell or others..

well, you are. because maxwell and the rest of them made it quite clear that the speed of light is constant in all inertial frames. and, this is what has been observed.

and, no disrespect to islam, but just because something is written in the quran does not make it true. we will need experimental evidence before the claim holds any water.

if religion isn't true, if no deities exist. if there is nothing mystical, then you would have to assume that someone invented these concepts. but why? to explain the physics that can't be explained? i'm sure in part, but religion is much much more than that.

if religion isn't true, if no deities exist. if there is nothing mystical, then you would have to assume that someone invented these concepts. but why? to explain the physics that can't be explained? i'm sure in part, but religion is much much more than that.

Control.

Fear of the unknown and transmission of information across individuals via story telling. Campfire elders describing the cosmos thousands of years ago to the young ones in the tribe. Some of these oral epics merged, and soon common stories were used as truth to many. Fast forward to today and you're left with what Klaynos stated above.

Go Giants! Jets should get their own stadium.

ya i think it would be a little of both of what you said. at least for Jesus specifically. Jesus did not try to get control for himself though, he certainly tried to promote a way of living but he never sought to profit from it. in fact he promoted sharing of wealth. but Constantinople on the other hand, legalized Christianity and changed it a little and that's when the church and the state were on the same side instead of against each other, and they sucked all the wealth out of europe and kept it for themselves.

Personally, i believe that jesus was nothing more than a philosopher, and the whole god thing and heaven and hell thing were just a means to get people to live in harmony. if a man gets rewarded with fortune for doing evil deeds, how could you convince him to stop? how could you get one man to give up money and power for the good of people as a whole. well one way would be to convince them that an all knowing and all seeing judge would judge them in the afterlife. so the rich and powerful that did not believe his stories had him killed in fear of losing their wealth and power, and then later on the emperor discovered he could become even more powerful by controlling christianity, having it work in tandem with the state, and making it mandatory.

but before that even i think alot of it was exactly what you guys said, stories to explain and also control and power of the emperor or king or whatever, who was often considered a deity himself. but also i'm pretty sure Buddhism and Confucianism managed to promote their ideals without ever pleading to deities or anything like that so i would say they were more like the jesus kind of religion, in the sense of purpose rather than the explaining/power purpose.