Will my children eat each other?

psi20

Why not though? If a lion and antelope share the same ancestor, or shark and fish, or any other predator-prey pair, wouldn't that mean one day my descendents would be eating one another?

it is possible if humans speciate and one species or the other loses intelligence and becomes a food animal. seems unlikely though as intelligence is our niche.

Why do you need to lose intelligence to become a food animal?

It's possible but unlikely. Yes, a lion and an antelope share a common ancestor, but 95% of the animals that lived alongside that common ancestor have since had their lines extinguished. That's the more likely scenario.

Your premise implies that Jeffrey Dahmer is more evolved than the rest of us. Wouldn't eating fellow humans be more of a function of the available quantity of other food sources, not natural selection?

Your premise implies that Jeffrey Dahmer is more evolved than the rest of us. Wouldn't eating fellow humans be more of a function of the available quantity of other food sources, not natural selection?

no, it doesn't. it implies that the human species will speciate and one of those species will be a food stuff to the other species.

no, it doesn't. it implies that the human species will speciate and one of those species will be a food stuff to the other species.

I guess I should have used the TongueInCheek tab.

[/sarcasm]

:cool: