Please do my "Half-life of Gold" homework for me

ih8science

Please do my .... homework for me
No. What the hell do you expect to learn from having someone do your homework for you.

The question isn't very hard. Just consider how many half-lives it takes for a quarter (of anything) to remain.

It depends on how expensive the Gold-198 is.

The length of time is inversely proportional to the value of the metal.

:D :D :D

• 2 weeks later...
2.7x2.

why?

2.7 days 50%, reduce 50% by another half life reduce that to 1/4

Perhaps you missed the "For assistance with (but not answers to) homework problems." disclaimer on the top level. The poster generally learns very little by having the work done for them.

Perhaps you missed the "For assistance with (but not answers to) homework problems." disclaimer on the top level. The poster generally learns very little by having the work done for them.

Well, the OP's handle is "ih8science," so s/he is kind of hopeless anyway.

Well, the OP's handle is "ih8science," so s/he is kind of hopeless anyway.

Not the point, it devalues the forums for one thing, and if they can't be bothered to work, and don't listen to the help, maybe they don't deserve to pass the homework?

Oh, I wasn't suggesting we should give out answers to homework. I was just joking about the OP's name being more indicative of non-learning than the fact that an answer had been given.

Oh, I wasn't suggesting we should give out answers to homework. I was just joking about the OP's name being more indicative of non-learning than the fact that an answer had been given.

OK, I miss interpreted :)

The half-life of gold-198 is 2.7 days. After _______ days, 1/4 of the original amount of gold-198 will remain.

This topic is very interesting and contemporary. It coincides with my current topic. Also, it's totally not cool to ask people to do your homework about half-life. Anyone who has a grasp of atomic science knows that it's powerful stuff, and it's very much worth learning, especially when you're walking around a place that was recently nuked.