On the morals of VR.

alt_f13

As the internet gets more and more advanced, streamlining many aspects of our daily lives, it seems that our virtual personas are becoming simmilarly important.  For example, what we think of eachother in SFN is almost as important as what how others view us outside; mind you I could say what I wish about, say, faf, and he'd have a hard time beating me up through the monitor.. unless he fasioned some sort of virus that wiped out my HD, which would be tragic... but therein lies my point.

As technology advances to the point of total immersion, so that entire vitual office buildings exist within the walls of a computer generated city, and the best sex you ever had was "online", do you think our real bodies will become obsolete, inferior to the perfect, sexy, self made representations of ourselves stored on our computers?  Is there anything preventing this from happenning?

Oh, and don't think it won't happen; internet two is a very convincing precursor.  Give it a couple hundred years.

Or I could take your IP and go through your ISP to get your home address, and fly out there and beat you up :P

But to the point of the thread... I think some people are already to that point, and it will become more of an issue with the advent of an increase in sophistication of internet interaction.

Aphelion said in post # :

I have a simple answer to the question... watch the anime .Hack//Sign

No. Really, don't.

It's got the most annoying (and constant) incidental music I've ever heard.

Plus it just rambles on and on and on and doesn't actually get to a point.