True or false, still...

mooeypoo

While chatting innocently online (proud geeks like me do that often), I got this weird message:

(21:31:51) —› fark.com: NASA doesn't want you to know about the alien skulls they've discovered on Mars

(21:31:51) —› url: http://www.weeklyworldnews.com/news/index.cfm?instanceid=60632

NOW.

I know that tabloids rarely contain ANY kind of material that isn't completely BS *but*

I also heard that any rumor has a tiny grain of truth. Not saying this si true (its one of the funniest things i've ever seen though, no doubt) I still would like to know if any of you knows what is the grain of truth in this one - or in other words, what is this article basing it's statement about? The "3D Pics" from mars? Some weird shape of the gases there?

I really would like to know.. just found it funny and got curious.

~moo

If you notice in the skulls in the picture have an increase of the cranium and that would mean (by many alien sources) that they have interstellar travel and have found more of a need to increase their grey matter (even though their natural instincts would be no greater than ours, explination not needed) and if these were found on the surface they would have to be from, lets say a crash, a space craft. Then why doesn't the article mention anything about that?

I knew I'd get laughed at.

I meant - was there any pictures (like pics of gas clouds) that COULD HAVE (maybe, perhaps, by accident) be mistaken for aliens or anything like that...

I might be stupid but I'm not blonde-- wait no, that's not right.

Just answer me :P

~moo

mooeypoo said in post # :

I also heard that any rumor has a tiny grain of truth. Not saying this si true (its one of the funniest things i've ever seen though, no doubt) I still would like to know if any of you knows what is the grain of truth in this one - or in other words, what is this article basing it's statement about?

this isn't a rumor though, it's a tabloid lie. this starts rumors, but it isn't one itself. any rumor based on this would have a tiny bit of truth, that this story was actually printed, but that's all the truth you could find from it.

Now we know where the tabloids get ideas from, Cap'n ;)

thanks guys anyways I thought maybe there's a bigger base to this, maybe a picture (like the one with "GOD" and the WTC) but appearantly there isn't one...

Had to check though ;)

~moo

They made it up. Theyre tabloids. it sells newspapers.

For instance, a few years ago a british tabloid called the Sunday Sport had a story about a 6 foot chick (thats baby chicken, not really attractive lady) that ate a zoo keeper. There was a photo of a zoo keeper and an obviously enlarged picture of small cute fluffy chick.

NOT REAL. even in that absurd 'skulls on mars' rubbish, the pictures look theyve been taken by a three year old who just got MS paint.