Homosexuality Facts

NavajoEverclear

YT2095 said in post # :

Men should be Men and women should be women, we`ve evolved that way since dot. even down to pheremones and visual keys.

anything else is just an abberation.

A gay man is a man. A gay woman is a woman.

You're clearly treading in homophobe territory now.

Sayonara³ said in post # :

Perhaps you should consider that the fact you think homosexuality needs to be "cured" speaks volumes about where you stand.

I would certainly recommend that if a cure was availible, homosexuals should take that cure. Of course they can refuse, just as anyone can refuse medical treatment for diseases and injuries.

Homosexuals are normal people, but with a disease that makes them attracted to the same sex.

And if you don't think it is a disease, would you say that two lionesses having sex / trying to mate, is perfectly healthy?

Cheetah said in post # :

I would certainly recommend that if a cure was availible, homosexuals should take that cure.

Then prepare to be laughed at.

Of course they can refuse, just as anyone can refuse medical treatment for diseases and injuries.

Homosexuals are normal people, but with a disease that makes them attracted to the same sex.

And if you don't think it is a disease, would you say that two lionesses having sex / trying to mate, is perfectly healthy?

See my above post about diseases.

You're going to have to provide evidence that it's a disease if you want to continue this line of reasoning.

A gay man is a man. A gay woman is a woman.

You're clearly treading in homophobe territory now.

not they are not real men or women at all, if they were they`de respond to normal signitures that evolution has provided us.

large breasts, child bearing hips, facial symetry, pheremones, testosterone based physique and facial features, gait etc...

they clearly are NOT normal!

any more than these sorts that do things against kids, they`re mentaly messed up, but it seems that by your argument that these sorts are normal too! by default (because it happens) I say that`s a load of horse pucky!

YT2095 said in post # :

not they are not real men or women at all, if they were they`de respond to normal signitures that evolution has provided us.

Most do at some point in their lives. Your ignorance of that is not an excuse to spread personal opinion and dogma as "fact".

large breasts, child bearing hips, facial symetry, pheremones, testosterone based physique and facial features, gait etc...

they clearly are NOT normal!

I don't know what you're talking about. Seriously, a list of describers doesn't mean much on its own.

any more than these sorts that do things against kids, they`re mentaly messed up, but it seems that by your argument that these sorts are normal too! by default (because it happens) I say that`s a load of horse pucky!

The argument that the act sex defines of the nature of gender has already rightly and qualifiably been dismissed in this thread.

Furthermore, your comparison between paedophiles and homosexuals is both woefully flawed and deeply offensive.

Then prepare to be laughed at.

Would you care to explain why I will be laughed at?

See my above post about diseases.

You're going to have to provide evidence that it's a disease if you want to continue this line of reasoning.

I looked through the thread, but I'm not sure which post you are refering to. You'll have to excuse me on that one.

I looked in the dictionary at Infoplease (lycos), and here is what I found:

Disease

1. a disordered or incorrectly functioning organ, part, structure, or system of the body resulting from the effect of genetic or developmental errors, infection, poisons, nutritional deficiency or imbalance, toxicity, or unfavorable environmental factors; illness; sickness; ailment.

2. any abnormal condition in a plant that interferes with its vital physiological processes, caused by pathogenic microorganisms, parasites, unfavorable environmental, genetic, or nutritional factors, etc.

3. any harmful, depraved, or morbid condition, as of the mind or society: His fascination with executions is a disease.

4. decomposition of a material under special circumstances: tin disease.

A condition that makes an individual attracted to the same sex is what I would call a disorder or disease.

And I think my question about the lionesses is a valid question: Would you say that two lionesses having sex / trying to mate, is perfectly healthy?

Cheetah said in post # :

Would you care to explain why I will be laughed at?

I have this mental image of you walking around Soho with a bucket of Homo-B-Gone, offering free vaccinations against Teh Gay, and being laughed out of town.

I looked through the thread, but I'm not sure which post you are refering to. You'll have to excuse me on that one.

I was talking about reply #40. It's not really relevant though.

I looked in the dictionary at Infoplease (lycos), and here is what I found:

Disease

1. a disordered or incorrectly functioning organ, part, structure, or system of the body resulting from the effect of genetic or developmental errors, infection, poisons, nutritional deficiency or imbalance, toxicity, or unfavorable environmental factors; illness; sickness; ailment.

2. any abnormal condition in a plant that interferes with its vital physiological processes, caused by pathogenic microorganisms, parasites, unfavorable environmental, genetic, or nutritional factors, etc.

3. any harmful, depraved, or morbid condition, as of the mind or society: His fascination with executions is a disease.

4. decomposition of a material under special circumstances: tin disease.

A condition that makes an individual attracted to the same sex is what I would call a disorder or disease.

Now all you need is evidence that links the dictionary definition (or, preferable, the medical definition) to the observed effects.

Just saying "I think this causes that because I do" isn't good enough.

And I think my question about the lionesses is a valid question: Would you say that two lionesses having sex / trying to mate, is perfectly healthy?

Not pertinent to the issue of same-sex relationships in humans, as has already been discussed here. Two reasons - humans have sex for non-reproductive reasons and lions don't, and gender identity is not purely a sex-driven expression.

why is it offensive?

it`s no more deviant that the other behaviour, it also does nothing else but contradict natures signals, both are gruesome sense of inpropriety. with the one and only flaw being. it goes against nature!

forget the reproductive side of things, that`s been done to death.

tell me also, why so many "slurs" or nasty comments based around gays?

surely there`s a reason! we certainly don`t hear "stop being such a normal man" or "that idea is SO hetrosexual"

why is that I wonder?

how come a good many of them get busted outside public toilets? look at george micheal for instance, surely with his cash he could have them picked up in a Limo!?

but no, fertive behaviour outside public toilets!

*sheesh!* if ya don`t get it, ya never will! :(

Cheetah said in post # :

I think it's been mentioned ad nausium, but it's one of the natural responses to overcrowding (in quite a few species to be honest). We don't have the resources to support the population increase. We. Just. Can't. Keep. Expanding.

It's not a 'disease' if it enables to propagation of the SPECIES. That's a cure, and a cure is a good thing.

"I think it's been mentioned ad nausium, but it's one of the natural responses to overcrowding (in quite a few species to be honest). We don't have the resources to support the population increase. We. Just. Can't. Keep. Expanding.

It's not a 'disease' if it enables to propagation of the SPECIES. That's a cure, and a cure is a good thing. "

that at least is semi sensible! :)

YT2095 said in post # :

why is it offensive?

it`s no more deviant that the other behaviour, it also does nothing else but contradict natures signals, both are gruesome sense of inpropriety. with the one and only flaw being. it goes against nature!

If you don't get the difference, then you really need to stop talking about it. Now. Before you make a complete arse of yourself. You know perfectly well you are making inflamatory, unqualifiable remarks, and scattering the odd text smiley about won't change the way they're received.

forget the reproductive side of things, that`s been done to death.

How gracious of you to permit me to stop discussing that directly after I reminded you that reproduction was not relevant to the issue.

tell me also, why so many "slurs" or nasty comments based around gays?

surely there`s a reason! we certainly don`t hear "stop being such a normal man" or "that idea is SO hetrosexual"

why is that I wonder?

If you could get near a gay without them screaming and fleeing your burning brand and pitchfork, you would. Hurrah, we're back at "ignorance is no excuse". This thread was started to collect facts, not mistruths and heresay.

how come a good many of them get busted outside public toilets? look at george micheal for instance, surely with his cash he could have them picked up in a Limo!?

but no, fertive behaviour outside public toilets!

What the **** has that got to do with anything? You saying heteros don't copulate or perform "indecent" acts on each other in public places? Are you that naive?

*sheesh!* if ya don`t get it, ya never will! :(

I think that's more applicable to you tbh.

YT2095 said in post # :

Men should be Men and women should be women, we`ve evolved that way since dot. even down to pheremones and visual keys.

anything else is just an abberation.

Unless you believe in outside intervention (ie god, or somesuch) everything we do is a product of evolution. Stop trying to hide prejudice behind 'science', it's a woeful tactic that is pretty much bound to fall on it's face when you're arguing with scientists.

well well well. who`de have thought it!

I present facts, you either repeat yourselves or throw insinuations.

Prejudice behind science? oh contrare! I think your idea of "Science" is somewhat flawed in this case, as all seems to be picking up on (existing or otherwise) turns of phrase rather that the content!

again, it`s yet another English lesson to distract from the points being made.

you may keep your semantics and pedantics, I`ll stick to Science!

as asking WHY something is the way it is, is more important to me that how it`s spelled or used in a sentence!

l8rz yo!

YT2095 said in post # :

well well well. who`de have thought it!

I present facts, you either repeat yourselves or throw insinuations.

Prejudice behind science? oh contrare! I think your idea of "Science" is somewhat flawed in this case, as all seems to be picking up on (existing or otherwise) turns of phrase rather that the content!

again, it`s yet another English lesson to distract from the points being made.

you may keep your semantics and pedantics, I`ll stick to Science!

as asking WHY something is the way it is, is more important to me that how it`s spelled or used in a sentence!

l8rz yo!

Ignoring the fact that semantics and pedantics are extremely important in science (especially when performing experiments)...

You're just an imbecile aren't you?

I'm sorry, but I can't really see any other explanation.

And what disease makes you gay, if you can identify that is, if you were to say this to a medical professional, then i personally think you would be laughed at, the Bible influences most people who are opposed to homosexuality, and due to this fact, you “come up” with ideas that resemble Neo-Fascists, just like Hitler said being a Jew, was a disease, maybe if you were to open your mind, you would be able to see that gay people are not diseased nor have disorders, just because they do not live by YOUR idealistical way’s, does not mean they are inferior nor does it mean that they are diseased.

YT2095 said in post # :

"You're just an imbecile aren't you?"

want 8 points for that?

disrespecting a forum leader.

Only if you give yourself 9 for racist/prejudiced remarks.

Lets look at what you've said:

'Homosexuals are unnatural'

This has been proven TIME AND AGAIN to be false

'Homosexuality is a malfunction'

Ditto

There are many more in that thread in politics, but I don't have the time or inclination to go through it.