What additional Taboos and Dogmas should be questioned ?

blue_cristal

Do all sexual taboos were demolished or there is a lot still remaining ? If so what are they ?

Is feminism really based in the reality of human nature –or- mostly in dogmatic beliefs ? Do they really want equality or dominance ? Was their movement hijacked by men-haters ?

Well, I just gave few examples of dogmas and taboos and some questions about them. You can add whatever else you spotted or identified and discuss.

Do all sexual taboos were demolished or there is a lot still remaining ? If so what are they ?

Almost nothing is universally taboo. If you're talking about, say, America, then you can make stronger statements. Incest, pedophilia, beastiality, are strongly taboo almost everywhere. Also, public sex. Sexual harassment in the workplace is a recent taboo. Homosexuality is still quite taboo in a lot of places. For that matter, so is recreational (not for procreation) sex.

Is feminism really based in the reality of human nature –or- mostly in dogmatic beliefs ?

Feminism isn't really enough of a single entity to judge in that way. Are women enough like men that it makes sense not to have one sex subservient to the other? Yes, I would say so.

Do they really want equality or dominance ?

Equality.

Was their movement hijacked by men-haters ?

No.

Well, I just gave few examples of dogmas and taboos

Where?

Where?

Sexual taboos which you even gave specific examples.

Regarding to "feminism", facts do not match with your categorical answers.

I will come back to this as soon as I could find time to collect concrete evidence that contradict your answers.

How about the idea that you should be allowed to do anything you want as long as it "doesn't effect anyone else".

Do you mean it's taboo to question that assertion? Or are you suggesting that should be a good rule of thumb for what we still consider "taboo?" If the former, I think you're right with regards to certain circles. If the latter, then I agree completely.

severian by polygamy are you also refferring to polyamoury? It seems to me that while the latter has been accepted more in recent times as bit odd bt alright, the former like gay marriage still hasn't found acceptance.

For my first comment (Sisyphus' question) I was meaning that we should challenge this as a philosophy. It has become a taboo in recent years for criticising anything anyone does which "doesn't effect anyone else" (my point being that there is no such thing).

As for the second, I meant polygamy.

For my first comment (Sisyphus' question) I was meaning that we should challenge this as a philosophy. It has become a taboo in recent years for criticising anything anyone does which "doesn't effect anyone else" (my point being that there is no such thing).

This doesn't seem taboo at all. In fact, it's far less taboo today than in the past. We have no issues telling each other what to eat and where to eat it, what to smoke and where to smoke it.

It's taboo to not force our will upon each other for no better reason than the subjective belief that they know what's best for you.

Real freedom scares the hell out of people. Not that you advocate freedom at all, I realize that.

How about the idea that you should be allowed to do anything you want as long as it "doesn't effect anyone else".

I agree with that totally, although I would exchange a word to make it "doesn't harm anyone else"

every thing we do effects someone else, and sometimes for the Good :)

I agree with that totally, although I would exchange a word to make it "doesn't harm anyone else"

every thing we do effects someone else, and sometimes for the Good :)

And what you don't do. That's why it's a precarious ideology to dictate behavior based on measuring how much our behavior or lack thereof indirectly effects others. Direct harm is the only objective measurement, and thus the only sane one.

Taboos primarily become a problem when incorporated into law. For example, you may not like the fact that the Catholic Church prohibits birth control or abortion, but you don’t have to be a Catholic. You may find Moslem treatment of women misogynistic, but if you don’t have to be Moslem is it your business?

The reason I say this is the primary problem and not the complete problem is that we have government social program. Some would have our social systems force Catholics pay for birth control and abortions, Moslems and Jews pay for the inspection of pork products, and atheists pay for homeless shelters that also preach, and so on. Why should they have to?

YT2095 mentions harming others. Well, if you live a lifestyle that harms you, should you really expect others to bail you out from your own self inflicted injuries? So for example, if smoking marijuana makes you a lazy do nothing loser, like it did me in my youth, should society bail you out? Now I don’t think prison would have made me better, but I think it was okay for those that did help me to say, okay here is some help but no more of those taboo bong hits for you.

Should society have laws against methamphetamine use? If they don’t how do they stop people from using it. If they use it and their life end up in the gutter can they then prohibit that individual prior to giving them help?

Finally, suicide is taboo. It is also against the law in most states (US). In states where it is not against the law you cannot legally stop some one you love from committing suicide. By stopping them you would be committing a form a kidnapping by inhibiting their liberty.