Adrenaline Junkies

YT2095

if you`re not one you won`t understand, if you ARE one, please chime in :)

what floats your boat?, gives you "that" Buzz?, gets you off?

I was trying to explain this to a friend about an hour ago, she though I was a bit crazy!

I have a few things that I do just for kicks, not because it`s safe (I`ve often been injured sometimes seriously), and it`s never done with the thought that you`ll get hurt, but there`s that CHANCE/RISK that you might and it`s that RISK that makes it interesting.

is there anyone else out there that feels the same? or would flick a lit cigarette into a pot of gunpowder just to see what would happen? (I don`t mean that part literaly).

pipe up and share, I`de be interested to here about it :)

I get that felling sometimes. If im doing an experiment (such as making gunpowder) i know its dangerous, and i sometimes do some really stupid things. For instance, i was making gunpowder in a dust pan, and i didnt even use a fuse, i wanted to see it up close, i just put a match to it. Luckily for me i hadnt added saltpetre or sulphur yet, so nothing happenned, but never the less, if it had worked, i would have killed myself.

-Demosthenes- said in post # :

I love fire! It is just the funnest thing ever! I love making fires on camp outs and stuff, and out of gasoline in the middle of the road and stuff, not that I ever have. :D

Same here. I find fire very intriguing :D I love running my fingers through it, I love the look of it, I like the colours... :D

Parascending/paragliding used to do it for me; leaping off mountains with a wing. Then the parascending organization and the hangliding organisation joined up and it got all political with many, many more restrictions :-(

I used to dive also, but that's really expensive. My bike has always provided the buzz I like, although with the nutters on the roads these days, just getting from A to B on a motorcyle without getting smashed is grounds for a party.

Glider, I can rellate to that on SO many different levels!

Making gunpowder or things similar can be quite a buzz for the 1`st few times I must admit, I was only using the lit cig in it as an example, not literaly! (although I have done it in the past and suffered the consequences.

"Just looking at flamible liquids makes me laugh and get excited. I tried to make flamible dough with gasoline and flour once... "

I`ll bet that was a nightmare to try and mix, I doubt it would have made a dough even? Methylated spirits would have worked a bit better, if you add some boric acid to the meths first, the dough balls will burn Green too :)

but it`ll probably stink like burnt toast in a chemists :)

YT2095 said in post #12 :

"Just looking at flamible liquids makes me laugh and get excited. I tried to make flamible dough with gasoline and flour once... "

I`ll bet that was a nightmare to try and mix, I doubt it would have made a dough even? Methylated spirits would have worked a bit better, if you add some boric acid to the meths first, the dough balls will burn Green too :)

but it`ll probably stink like burnt toast in a chemists :)

Thank you, I'll take that into concideration...

Actually I just put some flour and gas into a little tin foil bag, I never mixed it, I never lit it either. Relized how much trouble I'd get it!

• 5 years later...