DVD Burner

GutZ

I have recent acquired a DVD burner, recently only that it has specific system requirements. Is this for real? I tried it anyway just incase, and I see it crashes all the time...so...

1.4 ghz Athlon AMD

512 DDR ram

40gb Hard drive

I set it as the master and my CD burner as slave, I am not to good with hardware but I believe that is at least correct.

Are there burners that don't require high specs, because I only that above. I looked around and it seems like most burners do not come with any requirements, but who knows...I thought the same with this one as well.

I am totally lost as to how this can be, I can't even play DVD's with it.

Lack of hard drive space can definitely stop a DVD from playing or burning. They use them as buffer space in both operations. Other requirements like RAM and processor are usually related to software provided with the drive.

As the Cap'n said, more information is needed.

Odd. It does this with all discs placed in the drive?

I would remove the drive and place it in a different system and see if the behavior is repeated. Assuming it acts normally, that will indicate some problem with the system software or a driver in your computer.