Electrolysis of Alloy Metals

Ignus99

Its been a very, very long time since the last time I was balancing chemical equations so I figured someone with it much more fresh in their minds would be able to help me. My situation is this, I am attempting to use two seperate alloys in direct contact with eachother and passing a high current through them, and was wondering if there would be any adverse side effects to it being in the rain and such (electorlysis build up on one side, and decomp of the other.... dont want that).

the two alloys are Copper-Magnesium, and Copper-Cadmium.

600V DC current will be running through it with a maximum amperage of 4000A, and will be directly exposed to the elements indefinitly.

THANKS in advance for your help!

New to the forums,

KVD.

I believe electrolysis was taught in my chemistry class... it wouldent fall into physics or bio so that leaves chem... could you elaborate on how corrosion would be an issue? and the application is the overhead trolley wire on a light rail transit, so yes.... 600V DC in the rain is perfectly fine.