wen u break sumthing wat are u actually breaking

Money

for example

if i took a popsicle stick and bent it till it snapped in 2

wat did i really do did i break molecules, or did i break

the bonds that hold the molecules together ? idk

and if i did only break bonds why do little parts of the stick

break off too ???

You're breaking intermolecular bonds. It's is impossible to break apart atoms this way, thankfully, or the world would be a nuclear furnace.

It takes high amount of energy to break apart atoms, in the way you're describing, and then, it's only feasible with unstable atoms.

these bonds between molecules are called intermolecular forces,and come in different strengths, which is why some things are harder to break than others, i.e. a hydrogen-bond is the strongest (like the one occurring is water) and an instantaneous dipole - induced dipole is one of the weaker forces, which is why for instance polymers with id-id bonds are very weak.

these intermolecular bonds occur when the charges are unevenly distributed within a molecule. for id-id these molecules are unpolarized. For Hydrogen bonding there will be an electronegative atom and a hydrogen atom bonded to another electronegative atom.

Please take this the right way. DO NOT USE TEXT SPEAK when you are trying to make yourself understood. If you want a decent answer then take the time to type it out. It's a matter of respect for your fellow members, many of whom use English as a second or third language.

The titles of threads in Relativity go out to many browsers and are posted on our Home page as well. You make everyone here look like an idiot when you try to save a couple of letters in typing.

Please? I'm asking really nicely.

Okay sorry, I have just repeated what ecoli said, sorry... I guess thats what happens when there's a topic everyone cant wait to share information on, and YT - thats funny ha ha

I didn't take about H-bonds or dipoles though... I'm glad you brought it up.