help! cant control my madness

hi everyone. i am in real trouble these days. i feel shame to tell it to anyone. i think my phobia of flying insects in getting out of control. its more like madness then phobia. i have severe anexity, pain in chest , dizziness , and cant control my self when i see cockroch , moth , butterfly , dragon fly or anything except mosquitos and housefly. daily life has become hellish. i cant even bath peacefully. sometimes i had to run out of half bath. this is not joke anymore. can any of u suggest me something? there are no pshycologist near by so forget that. can u suggest something which i alone can do?

What is it you're afraid they'll do? Are you afraid of being stung or bitten? Does your fear have a focus or is it mostly irrational?

I hate the sound of fliers buzzing too close to my ear. I used to jerk my head violently to the side and then try to see what made the sound. I began to rationalize this fear by imagining I was bothered as an infant by a buzzing insect (bee?) when I was too small to run away (maybe I was strapped into a stroller?). I gave this fear a bit of rationalization, an explanation that made sense to me. Presently they still annoy me but my reaction is no longer that heart-pounding head-jerking that used to destroy a good mood.

This story is not meant to take the place of professional help, but it helped me to explain why it was happening to me and slowly gave me the tools I needed to lessen the reaction. What makes you fear flying insects (but not mosquitoes and houseflies)?

hi everyone. i am in real trouble these days. i feel shame to tell it to anyone. i think my phobia of flying insects in getting out of control. its more like madness then phobia. i have severe anexity, pain in chest , dizziness , and cant control my self when i see cockroch , moth , butterfly , dragon fly or anything except mosquitos and housefly. daily life has become hellish. i cant even bath peacefully. sometimes i had to run out of half bath. this is not joke anymore. can any of u suggest me something? there are no pshycologist near by so forget that. can u suggest something which i alone can do?

Simply put seek help maybe? I am scared to death of heights, not just a normal fear but the kind that will repel me and even try to shut me down basically. I have done things against it, such as helicopter rides and such, still the same deal I just have a bag of tricks to help get me by. So really, not wanting to play the online psychologist because such is probably remotely dangerous really, I would just suggest seeking help.

i was scared of moths too. i got over by getting someone to lock me in a shed full of them for the night. i didn't like it but now i just merely dislike moths. might not be the best remedy for everyone though.

Could be dangerous though. You could lose the fear for moths but gain a fear for enclosed spaces.

what agentchange said will be helpful. You can try to practice ignoring it

or control yourself not to freak out when you see a bug. small steps will help. it helped me lose my phobia for heights. I did a bungy jump.

can u suggest something which i alone can do?

Try to make friends with them, the are part of life on earth just like human. They are your friends, if you get to know them. Try to study them from a biological point of view and the threat they pose to you may be seen as an opportunitiy and turn into curiosity.

These bugs are "kids" looking up to you. No need to be afraid :)

Get a biology book, try to learn everything you can about them. What food they like, and how the fight to survive and reproduce and you may get some symphaty for them.

/Fredrik