Fast Food Debate

Go to the fast food places themselves, they should happily give you some information. Talk to the manager though not the people behind the register. Take anything they'll give you.

this should be enough to get you started. just type the names of fast food joints into google and it'll give you websites ^.^

it should be easy for you to create a table from the information that is presented on the websites. think about why people use fast food as an option.

You could survey people as to what they think the healthiest take-aways are, then compare the figures of the "healthier" ones to the others.

http://www.mcdonalds.com.au/

Australian Mcdonalds Website

http://www.mcdonalds.com/

international maccas

http://www.kfc.com.au/Default.asp?page=/nutrition+information

can download a KFC nutrition guide from here.

And, something I only discovered recently, if you turn over those papers they put on your trays, they have all the nutritional information on them. I think they're obligated to give them to you, they just don't want you to read them or else you'll realize you might just die. Comparing those though would be a good way to start.

For the detriments, don't forget all the extra trash and the throw-away attitude fast food generates. I just organized a cleanup of a greenbelt walking/biking path near my home and virtually every piece of trash we picked up was fast food related. I would even go so far as to equate some of the need for "convenience" with laziness since many of the cups, bags and wrappers were twenty feet away from a trash can.

Btw, here is an archived formal SFN debate on fast food that may help you.

For the detriments, don't forget all the extra trash and the throw-away attitude fast food generates. I just organized a cleanup of a greenbelt walking/biking path near my home and virtually every piece of trash we picked up was fast food related. I would even go so far as to equate some of the need for "convenience" with laziness since many of the cups, bags and wrappers were twenty feet away from a trash can.

It's not really fast food's fault that people litter. It's not like there aren't plenty of garbage cans in the restaurants themselves.

It's not really fast food's fault that people litter. It's not like there aren't plenty of garbage cans in the restaurants themselves.
Trash inside the restaurant isn't my concern. They have employees who clean up anything that doesn't make it to the cans.

Why do they have to put each piece in it's own wrapper or box? The food is most likely going to be eaten within minutes of leaving the drive-through (ever had a burger half an hour old? Yuck!). Why are the fries in a box inside a bag? Are they trying to be ascetically pleasing so their customers can then toss their bag out the car window when they're through?