Chemical makeup of primates

I know that the human body has around 47 elements. I can't seem to find out what elements or how many are in primates. If anyone could tell me or lead me in the right direction that would be great.

joe; google *elements for life* and several sites available. very complicated...

if your looking for a comparison of humans to animals, why not go to the genetics. genetically many primates are 97-99% identical to humans.

Or in fact, mammals for that matter... Or element wise almost all organism share the same usage of elements. There are some difference in quantities, though. But only in very unrelated or specialized species, though.

there are five elements in the living cell, which make up most life. the process for growing, functions and many things require different elements in different life forms. this is the way i read it and why i suggested a google site.

everything living will have all the natural elements to some degree in their systems. the percentages may vary from area to area depending on diet and soil composition.

not all of the elements are necessary but they'll likely all be present

I know that the human body has around 47 elements. I can't seem to find out what elements or how many are in primates. If anyone could tell me or lead me in the right direction that would be great.

I'd say 47 would be an excellent guess... Humans don't differ that fundamentally physiologically from the other primates.

Hmm on second thought I think 47 is a bit high, I have not checked it though.

But in general, all organisms have a basic setup of elements. Some, however, have in addition a limited number of additional elements, not found in others. These are usually co-factors for special enzymes and by extension special enzymatic reactions (e.g. nitrogen fixation). As such of course primates have no vast differences in metabolic functions and therefore do not need these additional elements.

Same number. Our biochemistry is so similar that we use the same 47 elements. In fact, that would apply to all vertebrates, nearly all invertebrates, and most microorganisms. You would have to get to the exotic thermophiles and extremophiles before you would find organisms that would have additional elements as part of their metabolism or bodies.