Ender's Game

-Demosthenes-

Guest floofur@mac.

any book advice would be greatly appreciated. i have read the entire ender's game series and loved it. It got be into scifi but i have no clue where to go from here.. I read some Harry Potter and enjoyed that too, but not as much. I love the ender's game I mean wow the best books ever!!! THANKS

my aim name is floofur

By the way, Orson Scott Card run a blog called "The Ornery American" that's occassionally interesting to read.

http://www.ornery.org/index.html

He says Ender's Game is in pre-production for a Wolfgang Petersen movie, by the way. But I guess they're in no hurry on it, because Petersen is busy with the remake of The Poseidon Adventure at the moment. Petersen also made Troy, Air Force One, Das Boot, etc.

Those books are complete genius. Well written, dramatic, make you think. But the Ender's Shadow and following books are definitely better than Speaker of Dead and its sequels.

A movie. I can't decide if that's a good idea or a bad one... I always have the fear that a bad theatrical production of a book might cause potential future readers to avoid the book itself.

any book advice would be greatly appreciated.
Might I suggest books by Dean Koontz or James Rollins?

But in the "The shadow of the Hegomon" (Which is the last one I read) Peter did both because Valentine (his sister) left with Ender at the end of Ender's game to some far away planet. Anyway, when Valintine was writing under the name Denosthenes Peter told her everything to write.

Odd. I did not read it that way at all. Peter started out telling her what to write, but as time passed, she found her own "voice" and was troubled by it. To me this showed how a person can adopt a persona and be absorbed into the persona itself.

I read it a lot closer to Demosthenes' way then yours, Rhedd, but it was a little of both.

Then again, I haven't read that part of the series in like 5 or 6 years, which is a long time when you're still in high school.

It got be into scifi but i have no clue where to go from here..
I suggest reading the "2001" series by Arthur C. Clarke. Namely:

2001: A Space Odyssey

2010: Odyssey Two

2061: Odyssey Three

3001: The Final Odyssey

In general, anything Clarke has written by himself is worth reading, while books he co-authors tend to be lackluster.

I read it a lot closer to Demosthenes' way then yours' date=' Rhedd, but it was a little of both.

Then again, I haven't read that part of the series in like 5 or 6 years, which is a long time when you're still in high school.[/quote']

In literary analysis, there is both text and subtext. There is what the author says and what the author implies. In the crit lit biz, Peter's POV would be called unreliable. Valentine's POV would be termed conflicted. Her character struggles with ambiguity.

There's a new book out (or soon to be) in the sister series about Bean. I think it's called Shadow Games. Go to Card's website for more info.

The last Bean book came out in the beginning of March, it's called Shadow of the Giant :) Very good book (and that's coming from someone who HATED Bean). Dunno when it'll be out in paperback, though.

I read these books when I was nine and lent them to some friends. We'd be stupid and play battleschool in the pool and stuff, haha.