StemEnhance Question.

A Fool

I happen to love peanut butter. This entire string is basically just each of us trying to be correct. No one is EVER right, in any discussion, people will always have an argument, and always have a rebuttal. I see this string going no further than this because no matter how much info I do show you guys, or however much you do your own research, you will never be happy and always be sceptical. I cannot help that.

Way to completely miss the point.

Yes, there *is* a 'right answer'. The purpose of science is to try to find that. In order to do so, you put forward a hypothesis, experimentally test it, then evaluate the test results, and report them to other scientists.

Part of being a scientist is being skeptical. I don't expect anyone to believe me about snake locomotion just because I'm me. Instead, I publish a paper which explicitly reports all aspects of my methods, all of my results, all the statistical tests used, etc.

The point is that other scientists believe me because I presented evidence.

That's all we ask of you. The same thing we ask of anyone: that you present evidence. If you present sufficient evidence, and the study is not flawed, then we will believe you. But you cannot ask us to believe you without evidence.

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, there are published books and e-books where you can read the research. Also, the FDA is trying to get us to go through the motions of certification. They approach us about it, and you know why? If it's FDA approved, THEY get to sell it and make the profits, and THEY get to sell it at whatever price they want and THEY will make it so that you have to get it prescribed.

What a bizarre (and wrong) idea. The FDA does not sell anything: its job is to make sure that the drugs (and food and cosmetics) that are sold in the US are safe and effective. If you claim that your product has drug-like effects, you are required to prove it. Frankly, "causing the release of CD34+ cells" sounds like a drug claim to me, and I'm surprised that the FDA has not already shut down the operation and imposed fines.

WE do not want to get FDA approved because where we sit right now, we can sell it to whoever wants it and they get it cheaper, and WE get the profits. Us getting the profits makes it so that those assholes in the pharmaceutical companies don't get bigger boats and even more inflated pocket books. Also, go ahead and look up how many "FDA Approved" medicines have been pulled from the shelves due to side effects and fatalities. FDA approval holds no merit these days.

You're confusing FDA approval with the difference between prescription and over-the-counter drugs. All drugs require FDA approval, whether you need a prescription or not. If a drug is OTC, it just means that it is considered safe enough not to require a doctor's advice.

Actually, if you obtained FDA approval, you would have several years of exclusive rights to sell the product in the US (even without a patent). After that, you would face generic competition, just the same as any other drug. If you do not have a patent, then a generic drug company could start making your product tomorrow. I suspect that the only reason no generic company is making your product now is that they are only interested in making a real medication.

As for the number of drugs that have been pulled due to side effects, I suspect that the number is far smaller than the number of "herbal remedies" and non-approved products that have no effect or have a negative effect. They just don't have FDA reporting requirements.

• 2 weeks later...
Kids haven't suffered enough to deserve morphine.

:confused: Kids can't be in enough pain to justify giving them morphine? You must be kidding. I can remember being in tremendous pain from appendicitis when I was 8 and 9 and hoping for morphine. How about kids who have had their legs blown off by landmines? No morphine? You are cruel.

I have met Dr. Christian Drapeau and I have read his book. There are is over 10 years of testing and research and multiple studies published and the product is SCIENTIFICALLY proven to do exactly what it claims.

Why aren't those published studies listed at the website? Why don't you list them for us? Studies in the peer-reviewed scientific literature, please.

2 capsules of STEMEnhance release over 3 million stem cells into the blood stream, they have PROOF that this happens every time you take it, so if you take 4 a day, that's over 6 million daily. Also, adult stem cells are much more stable than embryonic stem cells, there is also research proving that.

What is the "proof"? I've never seen any papers quantifying the number of stem cells released. Also remember that there are 6 million red blood cells per milliliter in adult blood. Adults have > 5 liters of blood, or over 5,000 milliliters. So the increase doesn't amount to the number of red blood cells in 1 milliliter.

When I treated a 3 mm defect in rabbit cartilage with adult stem cells, I had more than 60 million adult stem cells at the site. That's 10 times more than you say is released and will be in the entire body.

Most stem cells (>80%) injected into the blood are captured in the lungs. So even your 6 million, only 1.2 million circulate twice.

Now, let me ask you this? WHICH stem cells are released? According to studies in the literature, there are at least FIVE distinct types of adult stem cells in marrow:

1. Hematopoietic stem cells.

2. Chondro-osteogenic stem cells.

3. Mesenchymal stem cells.

4. Multipotent Adult Progenitor Cells.

5. Multipotent Adult Stem Cells.

6. Orlic's stem cells (similar to hematopoietic stem cells but said to be different).

Finally, do you have any idea what you mean by adult stem cells "are more stable than embryonic stem cells"? Stable how?

:confused: Kids can't be in enough pain to justify giving them morphine? You must be kidding. I can remember being in tremendous pain from appendicitis when I was 8 and 9 and hoping for morphine. How about kids who have had their legs blown off by landmines? No morphine? You are cruel.
lucaspa, remember who you're talking to.
Of course I'm kidding and of course I'm cruel :P But clarification of context; "children haven't endured the chronic suffering that is life itself long enough to have earned the right to become blissfully addicted to narcotics recreationally"

• 2 weeks later...

Klamath lake algae has a number of bacterial contamination issues, making the super blue green algae there risky. for a long time a company called celltech aggressively sold their algae products to naturopathic doctors, and many patients became ill . It seems that this same company, lately discredited, decided to market the algae once again, under the name celltech, only now claiming further that it stimulates stem cell dissemination that can cure anything that ails you. would that it were true. please read carefully what the scientists have posted on this thread about the absence of real medical testing. there are many studies being conducted on foods and natural products to determine stem cell production. one I found online found that a combination of green tea extract, blueberry extract, catechin, carnosine and vitamin D3 can in fact stimulate stem cell production in bone marrow. but no testing was done to determine what specific health effects might result. Until there are legitimate medical studies and research released on this product, consider it a scam and illegitmate.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow... I wish I had time to search for their patent...

JUST LIKE HERBALIFE... Take a red pill then a brown pill then a tan pill... You'll feel great!!! Until the FDA makes them take the ephedra out of them.

It's funny... One person starts a thread and acts like a potential customer of the product... Then a representative shows up on the same thread and defends it....

I wonder how many times this person has sold this product like this....

Edited by greenprogrammin