List of atheist physicists

Naturalist

Good, I see you`ve Totally missed my point also.

so you`re asking for this for What reason?

what point are you trying to make?

this thread is in General DISCUSSION, that should at least Imply something.

My bad, I read "thread anything" rather than "thread a discussion about anything". I just wanted to know the names of other atheist physicists, but the dicussion of this thread could be "Is increased understanding or knowledge of science also increase your probability if being an atheist?" or "Does a certain interpretaion of biology or physics lead one to becoming an atheist?" or lead someone to the disbelief in a all loving all powerful diety.

"Is increased understanding or knowledge of science also increase your probability if being an atheist?" or "Does a certain interpretaion of biology or physics lead one to becoming an atheist?"
Why would an education in natural science affect your supernatural beliefs? I hope you aren't going to try to use one to refute the other.

Wow! Itsn't that, like, all the world's physicists!? And they are all atheists!? :eek:
I don't care if you are a professional physicist, you get a mop and clean up that sarcasm, young man!
I'm both a physicist and a non-physicist when nobody's looking.
Oh yeah, how's the night job lap-dancing working out, T? Still driving the ladies crazy?

Another similar question: Is it hard for a geologist to be a young earth creationist?

Pretty tough, yeah. It seems to me that creationists propose a lot of wacky theories about geology in order to get around the fact that the earth is a 4 billion years old. I don't even want to bring up specific examples, but it would seem to make more sense to me that more people would believe in God, if they just accepted the bible as figurative, instead of grossly misrepresenting (and in some cases) completely fabricating, the science.

You're certainly going to find correlations between geologist and non-young earth creationist. I mean, duh. The one implies a specific knowledge, the other implies a lack of that same knowledge. You might find similar correlations with something like "atheist," but it's much less meaningful, since "god" can mean an infinity of different things, and there can't possibly be any particular body of knowledge that would make one an atheist or a theist. So it's just not an analogous circumstance. Your implied conclusion, that physicists somehow learn something in their studies that makes them atheists, does not and can not ever hold water.

1. Steven Weinberg, Nobel

2. Richard Feynman, Nobel

3. Georges Charpak, Nobel (Wrote "Debunked" with Henri Broch)

4. Lawrence M. Krauss, PhD (HP: http://www.phys.cwru.edu/~krauss/)

5. Costas Efthimiou, PhD (not sure if atheist)

6. Dirac, P.A.M. Nobel

Added Dirac, along with Pauli's quote while commenting about Dirac's religious belief:

There is no God, and Dirac is his prophet.