rectangular dice

Guest blaze13

well, i actually have one of those!! REALLY!! I bought them when i went to England. It really can (notice i said 'can') be played with. It has a little ball inside it which gives it a weight to stop at a point. I haven't broken it! If u just jingle it a little you can here a 'tick, tick' sound, so that is my hunch!

sounds like loaded dice to me, but the weight`s come loose :)

I was thinking about a "rectangular prism" the only thing I came up with as a picture was a standard prism, 5 sides, a triangular cross section and squared at the ends, making a front veiw look like a rectangle, but wouldn`t you need 2 of them for all 6 numbers?

and then what do you do if one rolls a 3 and the other 6 LOL :)

I'd suspect that the spherical die (it's not dice fellas, that's the plural) of, say, 20 sides would have a 20 sided interior, and the weight comes to rest on one of them.

A rectangular die would roll, just not as well or as much.

YT2095 said in post # :

I was thinking about a "rectangular prism" the only thing I came up with as a picture was a standard prism, 5 sides, a triangular cross section and squared at the ends, making a front veiw look like a rectangle, but wouldn`t you need 2 of them for all 6 numbers?

and then what do you do if one rolls a 3 and the other 6 LOL :)

A rectangular prism is a cuboid. There's even a picture of one IN THE THREAD.

• 1 month later...