Black hole................

andrewking

Some of the more recent popular science books written on this subject are those by Melia. For what you're after, you can try "The Edge of Infinity - Supermassive Black Holes in the Universe" and "The Black Hole at the Center of Our Galaxy." A lot has changed since books by Hawking, Thorne, etc. were written.

You are very, very vague. What do you already know? What is you mathematical background? Why are you interested in black holes? Is there any specific thing about black holes that interests you? How scientific can the information be?

Generally, any physics textbook on general relativity should include a section about black holes. Assuming you have enough background knowledge and/or time to read into it, that could be a start.

• 2 weeks later...

By all means, there was some nice things. I read other books long before him and had many questions and realisations before reading his. One of his books did indeed help with some stuff though, but equally I got an impression that he is trying to force a view which is far from consistent. He is brilliant in his work, but it is due to some of his personal deductions that I say he sometimes should maybe do the calculations then chuck the interpretation somewhere else ;)