• Male
    • Female
    • Both the same
    • It depends...(explain)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i reckon in all seriousness "each to their own", males are smarter in somethings that come more naturally to them and the same with females.

My conclusion is neither is SMARTER than the other their just better at different things

• 4 months later...

It really does depend upon the person...I may just be the smartest boy 2 my school, but there are certainly girls that are as intelligent, if not more so than I. (that was uncharacteristically modest of me...) but anyway, it all depends upon the person, and thier will/want to learn.

• 3 weeks later...

I think a lot of the differences have to do with how parents interact with a child. YT writes women will state, "I can't do that", and makes some very general statements. One starts off learning skills and attitudes in life from one's parents. I am of the "baby boomer" generation. When I was growing up, most moms were working at home, dad went to the office. Little girls learned housekeeping skills from their moms. Little boys learned home and auto maintenance from their dads.

It was different in my house. My dad started a machine shop business and I grew up in it. I learned to file burrs off metal before I was old enough to go to school. I watched him work, and I learned to read drawings and to make parts.

When I was in high school, I took an aptitude test, to determine what career I would most likely be successful in. Part of it pertained to visualizing shapes and patterns. I aced it. The guidance councilor told me that if I were a man, I would be an excellent engineer. She said there really weren't any female oriented careers that suited my talents.

I went to work for my dad, and he taught me the business end of the profession too. I have been running the shop since 1981.

At times, I still run into men who make the wrong assumptions. I went to a tool show - the manufacturers had "hospitality suites" in the hotel for their customers. When I showed up, one of them thought I was a gate crasher. I was standing with a group of other shop owners when he remarked very condescendingly to me, "I don't guess you want to buy a CNC lathe, do you?" I said, "I don't know, I might." What's it swing, what's the bed length, does it have a hollow spindle, if so, how big? Does it program in absolute and incremental, can it machine in inches and metric?, etc.

The other shop owners were ROFLTAO while the tool distributor slowly sunk through the floor.

• 1 month later...

I think they are both equal in their mental capacities. But which is more succeptable to static or noise in their environment. (In communication noise inhibits message). The one who is more succeptable to the "noise" wouldn't have as good of a chance at getting the information right, or being distracted while trying to reason or think or whatever "inteligent" task they were performing. But their actual intelligence would still be the same right? Only their ability to exercise it would be different.

This whole concept of static would make it really hard to test who was actually more intelligent.

If we can all agree on the fact that intelectually men and women are equal, would that establish males as being the superior gender? Men are on the whole more physacally able, and if we are saying that the two are mentally equal, men would be superior correct? I could be wrong... could be.

I understand the whole, men are more succeptable to disease, shorter life expectancy, blah blah blah. Still, i'm pretty sure that would still put us a wee bit ahead.

Sure hope the girlfriend doesn't read this one.