@Home projects

blike

Yeah there was an SFN Folding team. I guess it... folded. (sorry)

I used to do SETI but I gave it up a couple of years ago because I was annoyed at the expense. A lot of processors still out there can crank out 120 watts or more. Would you run a 120 watt light bulb 24/7 for science? That could be 30 bucks a year....

But a lot of newer processors are far more energy-efficient, and many can never go more than half of that wattage. Some of the newer programs also allow greater control over how much processor time/energy they consume, or how many "cores" it uses, etc. So it's probably much more reasonable now.

Wasn't there a sfn team for at least one of them at some point?
Mayhaps, I don't think I ever contributed as serious as I am now though.

I used to do SETI but I gave it up a couple of years ago because I was annoyed at the expense. A lot of processors still out there can crank out 120 watts or more. Would you run a 120 watt light bulb 24/7 for science? That could be 30 bucks a year....
Sure! But that's just me. I think some of the newer software lets you control how much CPU is used.