What do you (dis)like about SFN?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there's one in the mods room :D

keep em comming, even if it's only to agree with what someone else has allready said.

also, anything you particularly like and keeps you comming back for more is just as useful to know as the stuff that pisses you off and makes you consider leaving.

I dislike the blue layout. I've voiced my opinion on this before. People said, "Use CSS layouts." I have yet to take the time to learn CSS. I'm thinking it's going to be around for the next few years, so I'll learn it when I have free time (which I never have!).

Your redundancy!

Perhaps a different color for once. I've been roaming around here for about... three years, and the blue is getting kind of old. I'm thinking monochromatic variants, such as green, gold, silver, brown, or other. Maybe a dark blue with some blacks.

Also, I'd like it if the trash can were open. I want to test some posts there.

Perhaps a different color for once. I've been roaming around here for about... three years, and the blue is getting kind of old. I'm thinking monochromatic variants, such as green, gold, silver, brown, or other. Maybe a dark blue with some blacks.

With some CSS and some images, I guess we could make a darker/different style sometime.

The trash can serves a special purpose in the Speculations forum, which is explained in the announcement there. We could make a "testing" forum though.

This is all good stuff folks, keep it coming. Is there anything you'd be really mad about if we changed it?

What kind of post testing do you do? If I write a post, preview it and decide it's rubbish I just hit the "back" button. And if you post it and hate it you can always ask a Staff member to delete it.

Just a suggestion until Cap'n comes up with a testing area.

I think a maths expert is needed...other than that, like the new layout, the colour scheme is fine. Oh, more people on IRC, especially on Friday evenings, because that's really the only time I have to sit and have a chat with you lot, albeit I'm usually already, or in the process of getting drunk...DO IT !

EDIT: Just realized that I was talking to Cap'n and Bascule last Friday about...ummmm, something...errrr, oh dear.

I dislike the blue stars for the experts. I think they are clunky, gaudy, and ugly. Perhaps something more discrete but with awesomeness. Maybe they could have a spinning, gold star by the side of their avatar.

I dislike the blue stars for the experts. I think they are clunky, gaudy, and ugly.

We got rid of this problem around when the forum design changed. And before someone tries to find a new solution: I like the friendly green.

I dislike the blue stars for the experts. I think they are clunky, gaudy, and ugly. Perhaps something more discrete but with awesomeness. Maybe they could have a spinning, gold star by the side of their avatar.
LOLCSOOMN*, I'd like to see a spinning gold star that wasn't gaudy. :eek: I'm glad the big blue stars are gone though.
And before someone tries to find a new solution: I like the friendly green.
I think it needs to be lighter to contrast better but I agree, the green is nice and friendly.

* Laughing out loud, coffee shooting out of my nose.

• 2 weeks later...
i'm at 2689 and i'm not a scientist :(

you lie phi!

Man, I thought it would be easier to fool a bunch of primates! It did take you a while to count that high on your fingers though. :D

Just don't tell Severian the carrot at the end of the stick is plastic.