What do you (dis)like about SFN?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great, i'll start spamming and beat severian to it :P only 304 to go heh

Ah, but I don't feel the need for acknowledgement of my scientist status from a bunch of web nerds. I make my own classifications. :cool:

I agree with Snail that another maths expert is needed on this forum. Personally I would like it if anyone with a decent knowledge of chaos and nonlinear dynamics or geometry joined, but I keep an open mind. I recognise this will not happen overnight by any means though.

On another note, it would be nice if there was less approval/classification obsessed losers here:rolleyes: .

Actually as I think I've been out of the loop for a while, why does Severian not have the Physics expert text near his username anymore?

Edit: Also I dislike the fact that the brainteasers part of this forum has been closed, though I don't know the reason for this.

Actually as I think I've been out of the loop for a while, why does Severian not have the Physics expert text near his username anymore?

I thought something was missing.

How about giving members that have been here over a year with over 30 posts some space for uploading images? Maybe 3 megabytes.

Also I dislike the fact that the brainteasers part of this forum has been closed, though I don't know the reason for this.

I think we simply ran out of ideas very quickly. I wanted to add "and no one liked mine" but I just looked it up and saw that I had missed a reply by Capn' <whatever word I always have to look up> on the issue which resulted in the discussion dying off (because I didn´t reply to it).

I'll rethink about it and maybe post the challenge in the "computer science" section (it´s a little programming task).

I thought something was missing.

How about giving members that have been here over a year with over 30 posts some space for uploading images? Maybe 3 megabytes.

You get a small space for attachments. If you need image hosting, you can go to a specialized site like imageshack or photobucket.

This is just a real minor little annoyance, probably just some setting in the forum software, but every time I log in to post a reply, I end up taking about 10.1 minutes to compose my reply, then when I click "Submit Reply", I end up having to log in again since it timed out at 10 minutes. Then, after I log in again, I get to this blank screen that doesn't lead to anywhere, so I have to arrow back through my cookies to get back to the page I was initially composing. However, like a good little browser software (or is it the operating system?), the input still exists on that page and I don't end up inwardly screaming furiously at such mindless bs.

A bit too much deference is given to certain resident experts, to the point where they are allowed to borderline troll at times due to their contributions in other areas of the site

This comment has concerned some of the staff. Can you give us an example of a troll comment from any RE? Send via PM if you wish.

I agree with Snail that another maths expert is needed on this forum.

It is needed, I've refrained from a few questions due to lack of response, but I think the number of maths experts that are regularly active on here, are few and far between. There's a few that spring to mind, but I think if there's an expert handling questions (regularly) in the maths forum, it will keep the forum more active.

I realize it's not that easy, but give someone status, and they may feel obliged...just my humble opinion.