New style feedback

I didn't like it at first, but I'm getting used to it and find it easy to navigate.

Is it possible to get a bit more background colour contrast for quotes? A bit darker maybe?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't like it at first, but I'm getting used to it and find it easy to navigate.

Is it possible to get a bit more background colour contrast for quotes? A bit darker maybe?

I'm starting to come around too. And I agree about the contrast for quotes.

If the usernames are causing problems maybe increasing the kerning between the letters will help legibility. There's certainly plenty of room on the blue bar for longer names. Bolded they all look a bit scrunched now.

I've certainly warmed to the new look SFN now, and although the position of avatars and user info bugged me at first, it does look more elegant than the old style.

I must admit when I first saw the colour scheme...light blue on white (clouds and sky sprung to mind), is this to enduce a calming effect, a ploy to reduce flaming ? :)

I'll see what I can do about contrast with quotes. I agree they should be a bit darker; I would also like to see a bit more spacing between that and the text. Right now I'm working on the front page; the server move should happen later on today, and I'll probably encorporate any changes that I make to the style tomorrow.

I've certainly warmed to the new look SFN now, and although the position of avatars and user info bugged me at first, it does look more elegant than the old style.

I must admit when I first saw the colour scheme...light blue on white (clouds and sky sprung to mind), is this to enduce a calming effect, a ploy to reduce flaming ? :)

And it would have worked too, had it not been for those pesky...

:P

red on blue looks horrid.
But there's only three Admins and they all think it's hip to be horrid.

tho, kudos to whoever had the crazy idea of setting mods to be blue on blue. i wouldn't have thought itd work, but it does :D
I think the blue needs to be lighter to contrast better but you're right, the blue on blue will work.

Yeah, I'm not totally happy with either colour right now. The problem is trying to find a shade colour which will work with both light and dark backgrounds. I decided to cop out and I've made the bar slightly lighter (on the development server) as well as mking a few other changes to make things align properly.

I'd appreciate any constructive feedback on the changes just made after server move. In my opinion, the most drastic change is the lack of link underlines, which some people may not like. The rest is fairly cosmetic and mostly the same as before.

I love it. Some small images need their corners trimmed, but I can do that when I get back later this evening :D

In the top left, he atom doesn't reflect, but SFN does. Is it supposed to be like that?

It's not supposed to be an atom?

This has been discussed before, I think the outcome was that it is similar to what people picture for the bohr atom, but it has no nucleous which other than oribitals not looking like that is quite a big flaw!

I always think it looks more spacy than atomic...

Really? It's not just a bunch of ovals on top of each other? Nice. (you might want to put that in an FAQ or something, if there is one)

Anyways, I really like the way that the signatures are greyed out so that they are subordinate to the clause and less distracting. If you can, it'd be nice if all colour was removed from the signatures (like, a ban on colour tags and and make the links in signatures a greyish blue or something).

This has been discussed before, I think the outcome was that it is similar to what people picture for the bohr atom, but it has no nucleous which other than oribitals not looking like that is quite a big flaw!

I always think it looks more spacy than atomic...

At that scale, I doubt any of us have screens big enough to have the nucleus be even one pixel if it were an atom.

At that scale, I doubt any of us have screens big enough to have the nucleus be even one pixel if it were an atom.

Depends on the atom, and why are we bothered about that? It's not as if even for the bohr the orbits would be correct.

Nice job blike ;) Now I wonder if anyone will check it, lol...

In the top left, he atom doesn't reflect, but SFN does. Is it supposed to be like that?
Funny story. The janitor at the SFN World HQ building buffs the floor under the letters but stops short of the atom. He claims his union won't let him go near anything radioactive. :P

That's why the atom doesn't reflect. Another gem for the FAQ.

Three? Who died?

Was it me? :eek:

As far as we know, it *was* you. We aren't telling blike because you two were close.

No, there are absolutely only three Admins at SFN, and when I say absolutely three, I mean more like four.

the carriage doesn't return enough for really large text

(the carriage doesn't return enough for really large text)... at least not for me.

it does in the preview, so i'd assume it's something to do with it collapsing around the avitar