Proxy Browsing

Dan

Hey, I was wondering if anyone can help me. At college the I.T. guys have blocked myspace, youtube and other site like them. To get on them we use proxy browsers but they don't work that well because we can't watch videos on youtube and can't listen to songs on myspace, does anyone know why this is and how can we get around it? I don't know much about computers but assume its something to do with flash or plug-ins.

if your department doesn't want those sites blocked can't the simply ask for all your departments usernames to have permission to view those sites? its a pretty simple job.

can i ask why its so vital that you get access?

it could just be that the computers don't have flash anyway. works fine through my linux box.

Forum policy, rule 2.i:

Discussion of methods to circumvent rules, laws, or restrictions made at any level, including school/university content filtering and other such items. Threads opened for the sole purpose of discussing methods of circumventing these items will be closed.

Sorry.