Next generation of cellphones/mobiles

soultech

I am sure that everyone would love to have a celphone with a palm computer in it, voice recognition, 7 mexapiel camera, videophone with facial recognition to insure against theft, voice acuated recorder, touch screan email and text messaging, multi purpose blue tooth remote contol for every home apliance aswell as car alarms, as well as GPS satilight navigation that displays your presice position in the world with maps and even tells you what the name of the resaurant yours standing infront of in your langauge and even whats on the menu! Yum!! This would all be fantasic technology, however i would like to propose a cellphone global ID CARD: a smart card as valid as your drivers licence however it would have your infra facial recognition details that would also be stored on the card and your cellphone with card inserted would confirm your identity by looking at you thro the videophones camers(the computer software would) This card would be kept in your cellphone and would be your International ID card!!. I your boss decides to pay you an insentive he can easily power up the card with funds from his savings into His internationa ID smart card and with a touch of a buton transfer the funds to the smartcard in your cellphone, And shoud you be in a shop somere where they haven quite got that tech yet you could easily take it out of your moble and swipe in like you normal savings card at the shopping centre with the checkout girls etc! These types of transactions could be done trillions of times a day across the globe and vastly impove the boyancy and economic prosperity of business around the world!: You could pay a roving milkman or lemonade salesman instanly, you could pay the parking meter from Desk instantly without having to was valuably work time logging in and out of your computer workstation you might all be generous enough to tranfer 20 dollars each to the Internation ID smart card in my cellphone in apreciation of this technological sudgestion!:)

Sounds like a terrible idea, a single point of failier is NEVER good. If someone made a way to copy the contents of the device remotely (which if it had something like bluetooth or rfid chips would not be difficult at all) and then edited it to fit their biometrics, they would then be you. Or at least be able to act as you.

Also in Japan phones with integrated "e-wallets" are getting quite popular.

i want to keep my mobile phone that does to things, calls and recieves. it also has the really nice feature of having buttons that you don't need a toothpick to press.

I agree, with a screen that is big enough to see. And maybe a camera because it's always nice to be able to just take a photo...

It's seems the replies i have recieved from my maiden post in this Science forum reguarding what I belive would be a fantastic piece of technology that would revolutionise the way business transactions shall be made in the future are a colective YAWN, what does it take to impress you people?

Think of the money voting priciple you type up something brilliant an your reders instantly can transfre some cash to your International ID smard card in your mobile like Electronic wireless funds transfe that could amount to millions of dollars from tens of thousands of people within a few hours.!

its because its OLD technology, we had the ability to do that years ago. the reason nobody has implimented it is because it could be used for sneaking in a police state and people are already becoming more aware of being spied on.

Also, as an engineer in training, i know that lumping every critical component into a single system is a VERY VERY VERY BAD IDEA! if onething breaks then chances are it all breaks

you also need to remember that no piece of hardware is uncrackable. i would say that within 2 months of that being released the identity theft rate would skyrocket and eventually, you would be able to go into the dodgier areas of town and buy one as fake ID.

Insane_alien! would quntum entangled encryption assist in soulving some of the associated problems with wireless electronic funds transfer international ID card? Insane_alien you sould like a fellow that would dare say to Microsofts Bill Gates Give up! the the Pirates are always getting a head of you!

actually, i would say that to gates but not because of pirates (although they did crack vista before it was even released) but because of the better alternatives out there for free.

quantum entangled encryption? i don't know how it works so i can't comment on it but it sounds computation intensive.

i know that site is misinterpreting what quantum entanglement actually is with the CD thing so i'm disinclined to beleive the rest of it. anyway, its still a single point of failure. what if you lose it? how do you prove who you are to get a new one? bottom line is, i hate it when gadgets all get lumped into one (okay, so my PC works as a radio, tv, computer, alarm clock and a gaming console but it uses expansion cards.)

No matter how hard company's try. Bored spotty teenagers will always crack it, no matter how much blasted quantum entanglement you use, it's the inevitable, we should go back to the old days, you write the information on on a piece of paper, you are the only one with the piece of paper, you do not copy the paper, the paper remains with you, no one knows you have the paper, you use the information on the paper, you burn the paper, problem solved...

yes well, that wouldn't be a very effective for of communication. especially if nobody but you knows that the information ever existed.

its the single point of failure that gets me. if they can nick part of it, they can nick all of it. i'm sure that with the prize of stealing anybodies identity, people would try like hell to break it and that worries me.

Yea my last post was just me being a luddite lol I totally agree, I mean, look what happened to the new Mac after it was released, there was a huge prize fund set up by various individuals on offer to the first person to "crack the Mack" if that mentality is true for all (most) new technological advances, it seems to suddenly defy the point of spending £billions on R&D just to have someone crack & "rip off" your final product, the simple way of avoidance is constant evolution i.e. new software updates released on a daily/weekly basis, in doing so cracking the product becomes a pointless exercise, as the firm will already have a solution in place, I agree with the single point of failure argument posted above, there will always be an exception, this is why as consumers we should buy responsibly, i.e. products with extremely good counter-measures, hopefully a deterrent to most considering stealing our "identity"

Lol! guy's, WOULDYOu dare sudgest that crime does pay! that there isnothing that can stop smart porkheaded crim (spotted DORk), that there proceeds and lifstyle justifies every risk to screw the system? lol guys, the cops, fbi and cia perhaps should encrypt an IQ evaluation on yor International ID smart cards! lol! aswell as perhaps an Catching the Eye Que of the opposite sex Stud Rating!