Is the future of physics still physics?

This isn't a speculation isn't merely that I am curious to hear how most people think of the future of "physics".

It seem that different people think of the future of (theoretical) physics in different ways and have different visions, that are more or less abstract.

For example chemistry is explained by the underlying physics, but will the future grand theory that explains physics as we know it still be physics, or will it give birth to a new field, or fit better into another field, relating to physics, a bit like chemistry relates to physics?

Considering many of the current speculations... quantum foam relating to a collection of almost indistinguishable neigbourhooods, black holes been equated to maximum entropy objects... speculations about relations between the quantum foams and virtual black holes... new attempts to random dynamics where many belive the first principles of physics will rather be more like principles of a general stochastic information and learning dynamics based on alot of probabilistic and very basic first generic principles....

How many of you on here belive that the future of physics will be explained in therms of such "kind of" first principles that might as well fit into other fields of science like aritifical intelligence, stochastic information processing?

Or do you think that all of that may be interesting but that is really not "physics", and rather just toying. And that future first principles will explain more or "hands on" what the material world we experience really IS without?

As usual I apply the universal apologee that may seem fuzzy but for those how think the question makes sense I am curious to hear from everyone, also the experts on here what they think. I'm more interested in the attitude, not necessarily specifics of various approaches - what kind of shape do we expect from the next generation of major unfication?

/Fredrik

So, everything is physics? :) Yes how would my brain, as a subset of the physical world(?) be able to devise a question that is non-physical? If that is your opinion, I think it indirectly answers my first question too. Thanks :)

But some people tend to have more strict thinking. I'd be interested to hear also the other side.

/Fredrik

Physics has always be about forces and their effects upon matter and energy. All forces have in common that their strength can be measured from their effects where they push or pull objects.

However, in quantum mechanics effects have been described that result from what has been called quantum entanglement, and these have no measurable strength.

Whether a theory that explained quantum entanglement could still be called physics is a matter of opinion.

I think Physics will remain in its current state until a theory turns up that is revolutionary enough to create another field entirely, just as string theory is currently causing so much hype, and "splitting" us in to two distinct groups, those who believe it and those who don't, all it takes is a theory........

no, I doubt it, it would take something a bit more monumental, that was just an example of a split forming, as soon as it is proved false (as i believe it to be) suddenly everyone who claimed it existed will suddenly blend in to he background!