Men and women have brains that are not the same.

aman

Since the construction of womens and mens brains are being proved so different as far as activity and response to the same enviroments, what is the perfect compromise? Can any couple be absolutely happy biologicaly and emotionally? Can they be constructed by mathematic and biologic equations to work out that way if our science advances far enough?

I want to see some happy eternal couples.:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Just aman

Remember when marriage meant committment?

I don't, but I'm sure some of you do.

I think alot of the way our brain's function has to do with basic biological needs. Mothers were equipped to care for young, and tend to be more emotion in order to provide more care for young. Men, however, tend to be the brutes, protecting the mother and his child. Though I'm sure culture has some to do with our differences.

I think some couples can be "eternally" happy biologically and emotionally. Though our divorce rate seems to dictate this is not the norm.

Who knows, maybe we'll get things right one day.

There needs to be a compromise gene. We have the problem of two dominants fighting, a dominant controlling a submissive with one being less and one being more, and two submissives being failures.

The marriages that would work need compromise. Is there a compromise gene?

Just aman

• 6 months later...

As far as brain structur, male and female minds are identical, but the difference lies in thought process itself. There are 3 types of brain cells, whether males and females have different amounts of these i'm not sure of, but I do know that men in general think a much different thought process then women.

ex. Women are multitasking, men do single tasks more quickly.

Yes. But only 3 TYPES. Womens brains are much better at different things than mens. I knew they were different, so ran it by a Neuroscientist. She used a bunch of words I can't pronounce much less spell. It all boils down to "Yup."

Bill

What Bill said.

As far as brain structure goes we're identical until you go down to the molecular level. We also use different parts of our brains for different problems, and in different amount.

I know there are WAY more then 3 types of brian cells, I meant 3 classifications of types...not that I'm an expert..since I'm not one at all, but I do know some things here and there.:cool:

• 4 months later...
aman said in post #7 :

The marriages that would work need compromise. Is there a compromise gene?

I'd guess that what's needed in a marriage is for both to understand the differences between men and women; and even more, the differences between individuals. If one understands why the other thinks and acts the way they do, and vice versa, then there's a much bigger chance of things working out. Perhaps this is what you mean by a compromise gene? But would there really be a gene? I'd think it's more to do with learning than genetics.

EDIT - Apologies if this is considered "waking up the dead". I didn't notice the dates on the previous posts until now.

I vote for eternal marraige. I am going to have a most awesome marraige. We will love each other forever and never fight and everything will always be wonderful. Thats my plan and i think its possible. Ok well the way i stated it is incredibly stupid as i do not have control over all that factors that can cause conflict, but i mean that we will be beyond primitive mentalities that cause argument, and we will be loving and raise loving children who will grow up to be loving family heads themselves. I am much confused how this can ever go wrong, but evidently looking at society, it seems it must. Sometimes i wish i could become an invisible person to roam anywhere in the world freely observing, and solve the mystery, then return with all the knowledge to yeild a perfect life myself and offer the knowledge to others. A pointless wish i suppose, but would be the most useful thing if posssible.

Not to mention it sounds really boring. ;)

Joking aside, I remember reading somewhere that the couples that claim to be very happy, are also the ones who have the most turbulent fights. I guess it's the making up afterwards that matters... Anyone else heard of this?

Guest JHermey

As for the original topic :)

I think it's just a matter of being able to say, I can't always be right, even if I try. :)

Eternally happy couples are a great thing, and I'm all for the compromise gene.

IMI said in post #22 :

Now that roles of men and women in society have become closer to the same, will primal thinking patterns be supplanted or will we "evolve" so that our brains will be better suited?

I just realized I said the same thing two different ways. What I mean to say is...will our brains remain the way they have always been "wired" or will our thought patterns, etc, possibly change to meet our evolving requirements?

• 4 weeks later...