Warhammer, anyone?

Kermit

I'm curious as to whether any of you play either Warhammer Fantasy Battle or Warhammer 40,000 (Games Workshop's LotR game doesn't count :D ). I've noticed large populations of the gamers on certain imageboards and other forums, so i'm wondering how widespread it is over here.

I'm curious as to whether any of you play either Warhammer Fantasy Battle or Warhammer 40,000 (Games Workshop's LotR game doesn't count :D ). I've noticed large populations of the gamers on certain imageboards and other forums, so i'm wondering how widespread it is over here.

Warhammer 40K... Chaos, mostly Korn and Tzeentch.

I have an ~1800 point army, though most of my warhammer buds are at different colleges now.

Have you ever played Inquisitor? It takes place in the 40k world, but focuses on individual characters. It turns out to be cheaper than Warhammer, but just as fun.

btw... You stole the avatar I used to use, for about a year and half.

I tried it once, and in spite of how cool the Tyranids are, it was just no fun; way too slow, way too many nit-picky, unrealistic rules, and it mostly seemed like a giant, over-elaborate game of chess.

Mokele

Warhammer 40K... Chaos' date=' mostly Korn and Tzeentch.

I have an ~1800 point army, though most of my warhammer buds are at different colleges now.

Have you ever played Inquisitor? It takes place in the 40k world, but focuses on individual characters. It turns out to be cheaper than Warhammer, but just as fun.

btw... You stole the avatar I used to use, for about a year and half.[/quote']

No, I haven't played Inquisitor.. yet. I have 1000 points of Tau, and plan on starting Skaven in Fantasy Battle after i've reached 2000 points of Tau. Should be quite fun building up an army of rat men and outnumbering everyone 8 to 1.

As for the avatar, I spent a while trying to figure out who the heck it was. When I did find out and saw the full picture of Warhol in that jacket and the shades, I couldn't resist.. and I also saw that you stopped using it. Well then. :D

As for Klaynos: what'd you play, and why'd you stop?

To Mokele: what edition were you playing under? 4th edition really streamlined the game compared to earlier editions.