Reincarnated as a...

Royston

So you've popped your clogs, and as you look towards a white light you hear a deafening sigh, followed by, 'well, you may think you've lead an honest and fruitful life, but I beg to differ, as punishment you must be reincarnated as an animal, not of human traits...'

The upside is you get to choose the animal for your reincarnation, but as above not a human. So what animal would you choose, and why ?

God

God ? Do you worship your pet rabbit or something ?

It's quite a tough one for me, a top of the food chain predatory animal would be good, like a Great White, though they have quite a lonely existence. Or a Bonobo, intelligent and rather promiscuous...you have to make good of a bad situation. Flying would be awesome, so with all things considered probably a Peregrine Falcon, I could while away the hours doing impressive aeronautical feats. :cool:

A 100-foot long Architeuthis, so I could swim the deep oceans munching on great whites and appear every so often to a few individuals (and then use my tentacles to steal their cameras).

A sentient extraterrestrial being(preferably one which is all-around better than humans).
And for violating the spirit of animal reincarnation, you get to live extraterrestrially alone on Pluto with your all-around betterness.
God
*Wonderful* animal. You are now the God of Pluto. Your single worshipper is an atheist.

A 100-foot long Architeuthis, so I could swim the deep oceans munching on great whites and appear every so often to a few individuals (and then use my tentacles to steal their cameras). And for violating the spirit of animal reincarnation, you get to live extraterrestrially alone on Pluto with your all-around betterness.

*Wonderful* animal. You are now the God of Pluto. Your single worshipper is an atheist.

Why couldn't an extraterrestrial be classified as an animal? Haven't you seen Star Trek? All intelligent life in the galaxy is descendant from one species.

Your single worshipper is an atheist.

Who has just bought a copy of 'The God Delusion' :)

Yourdad, how can you even be sure an extra-terrestrial exists, don't you think that might be a little risky.

a dragon :)

Hate to break it to you, but they don't actually exist ;) . I'm amazed nobody has picked a dinosaur, though being the only dinosaur on the planet would certainly have it's problems...perhaps a Plesiosaur, in a certain Loch, and you'd have celebrity status.

Perhaps I should of emphasised, why do you pick that particular animal. That's really the point of the thread.

Guest ScienceProf

Greetings! I am new to this forum. I would definitely come back as a Baboon! They seem to have a lot of fun!

I don't think there is an introduction forum on this board?

An Emperor Tamarin:

tamarin.jpg

Why? I like the moustache

holy shit that's gotta be one of the coolest animals I've ever seen.

Looks like a lemur x mogwai (fictional animal from gremlins) cross breed