share on a way to stop a 10m high wave coming at you

Guest ackline

share on a way to stop a 10m high wave coming at you.

you can post all your ideas.

thank you

When a wave gone dun start coming at you, change wer your at, and it won't be coming at you no more.

Short of that, get that x-men woman with the fancy powers to stop it, she's good at that.

And if you can't do that, you can always grab the ground, and yank it in the direction the wave is coming to move the earth at a similar speed to the wave - that should at least cause it to break.

Contact your local council about improving sea defences...this would probably entail completing a number of forms, returning these forms, waiting six months as they go through some over convulted beuracratic process.

Wait another six months until the 'ten foot wave' is at the top of the agenda, for discussion at one of the weekly council / resident meetings.

Once a decision is agreed, wait another month or two for a building contract to be written up and contractors to start work. Wait another 6 months for the sea defences to be built (possibly 7 months...depends on tea breaks.)

Then receive complaints through your door that the wave hit over 1 year and 8 months ago, and the sea defences are a complete eye sore. Rerun the entire process again for the sea defences to be pulled down.

Alternatively, just don't go to the beach that day.

is this a wave or a seismic event? there's a difference.

a 10m wave could be stopped by a block of flats while a 10m seismic event would hit the flats, flood the flats, fill the flats with 10m of water, then pause think about receeding while leaving most of the sea floor on top of the wreckage that was the block of flats.

i don't know why you'd want to stop the wave, some people devote their lives to getting infront of such things.

You asked for "a way to stop a 10m high wave coming at you". Do you have to stop it from coming at you or stop it from affecting you? As Cap'n and MolotovCocktail suggested you could build a barrier in front of you (I'd build a triangular wedge facing the wave with me behind it). It doesn't stop the wave from coming but it stops it from affecting you.

It just occured to me. The OP didn't specify that it was a wave of water. A wave of lava, for example, would require different measures. Or he could even be speaking figuratively, as in a wave of nausea. If it's that, I'd recommend ginger ale.

YES! Lava is what I would use against a 10 meter high water wave.

10 meters isn't that much? Is it? Why would I stop it?

google.com says, "10 meters = 32.808399 feet"

Hmm. I'm about a fifth of that wave. I could just grab a bunch of people, and we could run into it. No problem there.

If some 32 foot tall man was waving at me in a dangerous manner I would kick his 5 inch high toe. I might try for the shin but at four or more feet up I'd probably do myself a serious injury.

But a wave of water. I would try a lot of small explosions to disperse it a bit at a time. Wouldn't one big explosion create another wave just as big?

Surfboard (yes I am an Australian :D ). Once I am surfing it it is no longer coming at me.

If you are in deep enough water, you could even just ride it out (if it is not breaking).

Or he could even be speaking figuratively, as in a wave of nausea. If it's that, I'd recommend ginger ale.

How much ginger ale would you need to stave off a 10m high wave of nausea? :eek: