Share your dreams and nightmares!

anthropos

I dreamt this night that a guy in my class was a psychopath. They way i find out was when he in my dream verbally insulted a girl who started to cry because of it, while he smiled coldly and emotianally unaffected in response. Really creepy. But not a direct nightmare, wasn't that intesnive dream and it didn't feel life-threatening. I do not suspect this guy to be a sociopath for real, but i do find him annoying some times.

I have lots of dreams to share because i write them down each morning in a notebook.

Occasionally I dream that my tooth has fallen off! It’s so real till I wake up and think “THANK GOD”. Yep, flying in your dream is so cool! I sometimes know that I am dreaming but I have no control over it! Also I have had dreams where I have been falling and falling and then I wake up!!

I had one that started off in a "perfect" society, where I was working and I spilled a bucket of paint accidentally, and the coppers were chasing me, and I ended up in the woods and then in a cemetery where other runaways were, and then they caught me in a beat up shack. It inspired me to write a book.

I have recurring nightmares of escaping from something, vaguely some kind of mental hospital, and being relentlessly pursued by an evil version of myself, and sometimes shapeshifting zombies. Occasionally it ends well, when I realize I'm as powerful as any being in the universe (which is true, since the universe is my dream), and I incinerate them all with my mind.

Alright, Freud, do what you want with that one.

My dreams range from the utterly mundane, to the indescribably messed up. I've had dreams where I'm merely brushing my teeth, to fighting some sort of evil force where I have to manifest into something, more destructive and powerful to combat whatever I'm trying to defeat...I usually win. As you can imagine, the whole dream gets out of control, I've ended up being a huge ball of spinning blades roughly the size of a solar system...hmmm, slightly over active imagination methinks.

A theme that does seem to crop up now and again, is that I dream I wake up in my bedroom, and believe I'm awake...and then the goal is to try and find out I'm dreaming by looking for clues et.c, this can happen several times in a dream, (going back to sleep, waking up...though all the time I'm dreaming) until I do eventually wake up. I posted one of my favourite dreams of this type on here sometime ago. One of the techniques is to try and fly, as soon as I do that, then it's obvious I'm dreaming, and the next stage of the dream will kick in.

Another is serial killers, and houses filled with psychopaths is another popular theme, where I'm trying to escape, or sometimes trying to talk my way out of being tortured et.c, it can usually swing round that I realize I'm dreaming and I turn into some huge gun wielding robot and blast the crap out of everything.

One that really sticks in my mind, is a combination of the two above...I woke in my bedroom, and there were loads of newspapers strewn around with the headline 'local girl murdered.' I then realized, this had to be a dream, because I don't have newspapers strewn across my room, I awoke again, and the same scene...this time I was trying to recollect maybe I did bring a newspaper into my room, so I read the article. The murder was commited by somebody dressed as a green chicken (the kind of animal suits that people wear when giving out leaflets.) A photograph slipped out of the paper, and I could just recognize that it was a photograph of my mates, but one of us was wearing the chicken costume. Are faces were blurred out. This was all a bit much so I went back to sleep, convinced this wasn't real.

I awoke again to the phone ringing...and in the room was still the newspaper and photograph (where I had left it) so now I didn't think I was dreaming (I was of course.) I answered the phone, and my Dad told me to come up to my parents house. When I got there, I went into the back garden, and the girl who had been murdered, was hanging from an apple tree. Her eyes suddenly opened, and as I moved round the garden her neck would crack as her gaze would follow me. So naturally I got the hell out of there. I met up with my mates and we went to a house, to work out who had commited the murder.

We were all sitting around discussing, and the conversation got more and more heated, and a lurking sense of fear and paranoia was building. The photograph, appeared to start to reveal the murderer (it was a bit abstract, can't really describe it) however it kept on changing as to who commited the haneous act. Suddenly one of my friends couldn't take it, and started attacking, scared of who it could be...he started beating one of my friends senseless with an object, then my other friend pounced on him, and had an axe in his hand. It ended with one of my mates hacking my other mates head off with an axe.:eek: Then I really did wake up.

It took about a minute, when I really did wake up, to adjust to the fact I was really awake...and yes I did scan the room quickly for a newspaper. And there it was !!!!

Err, no not really. It was a pretty messed up dream, nonetheless.

A nice start for a horror story, especially the thing with the girl in the garden :D Add the right music and the right tone/color and its the real stuff!

That's almost exactly what my house mate said, when I told him the next day :)

Last night I had a weird one. I was hanging out with Kevin Nealon and we were going to various parties on different floors of this giant hotel. We kept riding the elevators and they felt weirder and weirder. Then one time on the elevator it didn't make it all the way up, and the doors opened without the elevator car being all the way to the top. Then the whole thing started to tilt. There were people waiting for the elevator and they started screaming. There was this little girl in front of me and I lifted her up to all the people as the elevator car started to slowly tilt and sink down. Then I reached up and the people grabbed me and pulled me up onto the floor before the elevator car broke and started falling down the shaft. There were people still on the elevator car.

We went down to the hotel lobby, where there was some sort of weird elevator monitoring screen going nuts, and no one at the hotel seemed to care.

I think I woke up shortly after that one.

Then I had a dream a friend of mine was getting married and giving away weird gift certificates. He asked me about how the collapse of the quantum wavefunction worked which is weird because he's a physics grad student. I think I said something about the double slit experiment. I was really trying to think about how to describe it, in a dream, which made the moment pretty damn vivid for a dream.

A few minutes ago I had a dream that the next Harry Potter book had just been released and I'd missed it. My family were interrogating me on why the hell I hadn't brought it, because it seemed most of them were planning to borrow my copy after I'd finished it.

I woke up in a panic and had to check the Amazon website for the release date, thankfully, 16th of March was just a figment of my imagination.

I really should get my pre-order in though.

Also, it's quarter to six on a Saturday morning, I could probably get some more sleep as well.

Guest Tuuquy

I have had quite a few interesting lucid dreams.

Once when i was a boy, i dreamed of being chased by a dog while wearing beach thongs. I have to discard them to run faster, telling myself " this is a dream, don't worry, they will be under my bed when i wake up". When i woke up, i was quite certain that they will be there, but i looked under the bed anyway, and sure enough, they were there :)

Another one was i was dreaming of flying off a jetty over a calm small river. I have always flew "breast stroke style" which is very intensive ( the feel on the arms and legs is similar to water resistance). Annoyed with myself, suddenly i realized I am in a dream, and started to reason to myself: "you are just flying in your head! just WILL yourself to stay up!". A strange sense of conviction got over me, I stopped the flapping, let my hands down loosely, like when i am standing. and i just float in the air, a glorious feeling of mind over matter! Still being vertical, i can see the water flowing a foot under the soles of my feet, the breeze on me, the trees and their leaves on the river banks moving in the breeze, the warmth and light of the late afternoon sun! Everything is exactly as it would be if you are standing one foot above, in the middle of a river! I have never felt such a complete command of flying, and I felt real joy in willing myself turning around, without moving a muscle, taking in the scenery, and wonders of wonders of the mind (brain?), the surrounding changed perspective in exact normality of physics..except for me floating and feeling great there, of course!

Guest GrRRRRr

It started with me waking up and i wasn't groggy which struck me as odd. I sat my bed, and it was really warm, i was playing with my piercing and it stung a little bit. My room smelt funny, smelt like iron. Thats what blood smells like. My eyes got blurry, and i stepped out of myself. I was watching myself on my bed and i was covered in blood. I wasn't mine. When i stepped out i was the child. There was another person in the room, it was the older man from the other dream. We were both looking down at me in my bed. Even tho i was in the child i could feel my heart racing. ~~~~from here on "I" means the person covered in blood~~~~Child is the the child~~~~and the Older Man is well the older man~~~The older man stood above me and looked at the child and smiled as i stood up. As the older man laid his hand on my chest i could feel it gripping my heart. The child just watched and didn't do anything to stop it. I stood up as if i wasn't in any pain at all, the child was in pain. The old man started laughing, and the child began throwing up, it was blood. I left them downstairs, and walked upstairs. Pick up a knife and started carving words into my arms. But nothing would show up, i kept doing it hard and deeper. So i started trying to carve it into the walls, i was so pissed off. Nothing was working, i was so frustrated i started screaming, Chris woke up and came out to see what i was yelling about. I turned, and smiled and slit his throat, i remember watching his eyes, just this disbelief that it just happened, i forced him to look at me while he bleed out. i got right up to his face and just watched as he started to go cold. I stuck my hands into his throat and used his blood to start writing on the walls. The smell is just haunting, my hearts racing so fast, i cant slow my breathing. Someones screaming, its all i can hear. I start screaming for them to shut up so i can finish writing. Its so loud im feeling sick, i have to make it shut up, its a womans voice and the only girl in my house is my mom, so i walk up to her room. I can remember Doug snoring, it was cold in there, it made the blood on my hands harden and turn brown. The screaming is getting louder the closer i get to her. I grab her mouth and scream for her to shut up. My moms eyes open, but they're black. She grabs my hand, and shes so strong, i think shes going to break my arm. She grabs each one of my fingers and starts pulling them back, snapping each one of them in my right hand. I can hear the crunch from my fingers dislocating and breaking. I close my eyes, im about to pass out from the pain. And then theres nothing, no pain, no screaming, no blood. Its black, and very cold. I try and shiver and rub my arms, but i cant find them. Out of the blackness a white smile creeps into view. It gets bigger and bigger, and the sides start bleeding, i can see a flash and its a knife, its cutting into the face, stretching out the smile. The whole time, im so cold. It makes me want to throw up. A face starts to appear, its the old man. I blink and when i look up, im back to where i started and the child is on the ground throwing up blood and he has words cut into his arms. I try and read what they say, but my eyes are so blurry from crying and theres so much blood i cant wipe it away. The old man walks up the the child and picks him up by the throat and whispers this is only the beginning of the pain im going to show you. Then he throws him into me, and i wake up as i roll over onto my ear.

In my dreams I'm either flying, sprouting wings of fire and a big sword killing people, zombie attacks, or getting chased around by a demented Banjo-Kazooie. Anyone remember those games. Scared the heck outta me. Anyone heard of Lucid Dreaming? Pretty cool stuff.

This night i dreamt that i had cancer and i was walking to the pharmacy with some friends to buy anti-cancer medicine (even remember that i was supposed to buy alkylating agents). Somewhere on the way to the pharmacy after passing by an empty parking lot the dream ended. But it wasn't scary, i wasn't really worried in the dream. It felt like i was on the way to buy tylenol or something, that was how the atmosphere felt like in the dream.

3rd time i dreamt of getting cancer, but far from reocurring since it's been atleast a month's period between the "cancerdreams".

I did though have a discussion/talk about cancer with a friend the same evening, but i rarely experience dreams that relate to what i specificly talked about during the day. Yet i can't know if my dream had anything to do with the conversation or not.

Well this is weird, I had a dream a couple of nights ago that I got back together with an ex girlfriend (well kinda ex, we had a fling for a few weeks, many years ago now.) We were chatting at a party a friend organized for this Friday, one thing lead to another et.c. Now, she went off to India (in real life...I had no idea she'd gone yet, or when she was due back.) She came back two days ago (the same night I had the dream), and I heard she was coming to the party on Friday. It was a really nice dream, I kept on waking up, and when I fell back to sleep the dream carried on.

I'll keep you posted, if my dream is fulfilled...I think I'll probably freak out if it does happen, and no, I won't be telling her about this dream, and yes, she is gorgeous. :cool:

All of my dreams are really weird. They all have the same people every time, and most of the time they do abysmally stupid things.

In some dreams, I'm always alone in some field that stretches on to infinity, or sometimes I'm alone in some city (like there is literally no people in there).