Spud Gun Ignition System

kitkitkit

kitkitkit said in post # :

Cool. Thanks everbody. You know you were talking about that disposable camera one, well about 6 months ago i made a taser out of one of those and i got a 300v shock making it (all by the age of 13). I love things that go bang. There is this really coll book i recomend to all of you, i got it today, its called backyard ballistics. Dont forget to check out my website.

That book is where I got the lantern sparker idea!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

magnesium`s fine if you want to mess about with lighting the stuff and and making garden fountains and stuff, sure :)

get some pottasium perchlorate and fine mesh alu powder then we`ll talk BANGS (13 year old level) ;)

70/30 flash doesn`t actualy detonate in the true sense, but it does burn extremely fast and is capable of self confinement in quantities above a gram or so depending on the mix.

it`s not very impact sensitive at all, sparks and static and sulphur and phosphous based compound may cause it go off without warning.

its the Perchlorate and red Phosphorous used in Armstrongs mix, the powder they use to go bang in toy cap guns, party poppers and Christmas crackers :)

I made a fuse by soaking string in wax-it worked but i burnt and part melted the endcap. I tried the touch hole, but that didnt work, i even stuck a match head to the inside, but it fell off. I no the CFCs are flamable because when i took of the endcap i put a lighter to it and turned it upside down and there was a massive flame. Why wont it work.....

How far away is the can from the barrel? The butane might not be getting in.

Try the exploding pen, as long as it goes bang. Stick it down the touch hole, so the button sticks out, then press. Hopefully flame will shoot out the tip into the butane, and also burn your hand :(

I'd like that cookbook. What's it got?

anyone that beleives even a small portion of the "Crapbook" deserves all they get! harsh but true!

butane is ONE of the propellants in the deo spray, a waxed peice of string is NOT a fuse it`s at best a very thin candle :)

crush some match heads as you obviosly have some (about 30 will do) then add water and mix untill it`s a thin paste, soak your string in that and let it dry, that`s a fuse :) or get some of the chlorate dissolve it in boiling water then soak the string in that and let it dry, that will work too.

there is alot of mis-information going on in here, now I`m all for sharing ideas etc... but think before you post, Is what I`m about to say TRUE or do I just think it`s true?