RNA polymerase

Hey all,

Since RNA polymerase, and a bunch of other enzymes, are needed to translate DNA into proteins, where does the first RNA polymerase of a new organism come from? My guess is that it must be inherited from one of the parents. If so, which single RNA enzyme gets chosen to be passed down to the offspring, or is a new one synthesized from the DNA just before the gamete is made? Are there cases where a defective enzyme has been passed down and no DNA translation took place? My lecturer did not have the answer to these questions and I couldn’t find much on Google (probably because I couldn't phrase it properly in the search).

An egg contains all the enzymes necessary for the growth of an offspring post firtilization. Actually it also contains a tonne of mRNA from the mother. Most initial gene expression post-fertilization is actually of maternal genes. It takes a little while for the new organisms genome to kick in.

I don't understand why you think that a single enzyme needs to be chosen to be passed down...

Basically initially the egg cells from the female are filled with maternal enzymes and genetic material. Post fertilization eventually the offsprings enzymes replaces the mothers gradually.