Opinions needed

hotcommodity

So I've been having a problem for about 4 months now with my head. I'm asking about it here because I'm not sure what the problem is, and I would appreciate some educated opinions on the matter.

It began with a tender feeling in the upper-left-backhand corner of my head, the sort of feeling being it felt a bit bruised to the touch. I had pulled muscles in my shoulder blade (nothing all that serious) 4 years earlier and had been popping my back since, as it would get stiff from time to time. I took the tenderness in my head as being a result of me popping my back and somehow effecting the muscles in my head.

Well that tenderness stopped for the most part a few months ago. I'm not sure if it was directly after it stopped or a few weeks after that when the front-top-left corner of my head bean to have the same tenderness feeling. Up to this past week it had been tender in that spot. Sometimes when I would turn my head I would get a sharp shooting pain that would last 2 seconds or so and it wasnt a tender feeling, it hurt. I've had these shooting pains about twice a week in the past month.

Also in the past week I started sleeping flipped around on my bed placing my feet where my head used to be and my head where my feet used to be. The first night I did that things improved noticlably. Well today I'm now feeling the tenderness in the right-top-front corner of my head, and the other parts of my head are not tender. Its beginning to worry me.

I thought this may be a result of little rest and a bit of stress from my classes. Monday through Friday I probably get about 5 hours of sleep a nigth on average. I've been known to be overly worrisome but I dont know what to do now. I cant go to a doctor at this stage in my life as my dads out of work and being a college student I dont have money myself.

I've looked at symtoms for brain tumors and cancer but I dont believe I fit any of them, my memory is fine and I'm not passing out or anything. Is this something serious, or could it simply be corrected by more sleep/better diet/etc. ?

First of all, never look up your own symptoms on the internet. Sounds to me like SCM muscle strain and bilateral would not be unusual with reading and sitting at desks, looking at monitors ect. After reading your post again it sounds as if the pain is superficial, er outside your skull, if that is the case try some NSAIDS like advil, motrin etc. I assume you are young and in good shape otherwise with no other s/s so if there is no facial drooping or other you will at least live long enough to graduate ( jsut kidding). The popping you back/shoulder thing can cause nerve damage which would be consistant with "shooting pain". My advice is to chill out, relax. I think you will make it.

First of all, never look up your own symptoms on the internet. Sounds to me like SCM muscle strain and bilateral would not be unusual with reading and sitting at desks, looking at monitors ect. After reading your post again it sounds as if the pain is superficial, er outside your skull, if that is the case try some NSAIDS like advil, motrin etc. I assume you are young and in good shape otherwise with no other s/s so if there is no facial drooping or other you will at least live long enough to graduate ( jsut kidding). The popping you back/shoulder thing can cause nerve damage which would be consistant with "shooting pain". My advice is to chill out, relax. I think you will make it.

I appreciate your advice, I had a feeling it was probably sleep and/or stress related. Whenever I take an asprin it seems to releave it quite quickly. I'm in pretty good shape otherwise, I run when I can and eat pretty decent. I'll take your advice and relax more, I'm on spring break now so its good timing, thanks again.

With respect to going to the doctor as the other posters mentioned, I cant, I dont have health insurance beyond my school doctor, who would probably tell me to see another doctor anyways.

Oh and one more question: Is there anything specific I can eat or exercise that I can do to improve whatever nerve damage I may have caused? Thanks...

if changing the geometry of your sleeping habit by 180 degrees had a 180 degree impact on your physiology, then I`de look towards the bedding and pillow as the possible culprit.

Long before I`de even Think of tumors and crap!

look at the Evidence rather than Make-Believe.

you just need to relax, if you went somewhere for spring break you would probably forget all about it. as suggested by YT2095 sleeping position could be the cause. Think you got problems wait till you are my age.